Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 15-18

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 18-20

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Scharner The Rebel

images

Sky Sports News believes that Paul Scharner has been dodging going to West Brom's training session with West Brom playing Wolves in a couple of days West Brom Manager Steven Dodds cannot be happy with him. Sky Sports News caught up with Dodds after yesterdays training session.

So Mr. Dodds, we believe that Paul Scharner has been missing the last couple of training sessions is that true?

Well, Yes it is true, I don't know what is wrong with Paul he is usually the first one here and the last one to leave, I am going to give him a call when I get home to see what is up with him.

Your recent form suggests that you may have a relagation battle on your hands, do you need players with the experiene of Mr. Scharner to step up?

Yes I do, We also need some of our more key players like Mulumbu and Mossison to step there game up a level as they have been under performing the past few months and with the Wolves game just around the corner if they don't start showing me in training that there game has been notched up a level they may not feature in the game.

It, will be your first Black Country Derby in charge, do you think you will be able to cope with the pressure?

Listen, I have been a Baggies fan all of my life and I know what this game means to the fans, I just hope that they haven't given up on me and I hope that they come in thhere thousands to the Mollineux to support us, because we will need it if we are going to win

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

November Results

Premierleague

images

Everton 2-2 West Brom
Tavano (9), Fellaini (90+1) - Odemwinge (1), Fortune (69)

I was pleased with this result as I had it down as 0 points for us today, but again we have concede a goal in the 90th minute, I just feel that luck hasn't been with us so far this season and we really need some luck if we want to stay up. I was delighted with the start we got but it was a cruel ending

Stoke 2-1 West Brom
Shorey (own goal 32), Fuller (45+1) - Brunt (59)

Not too fussed about this result in all fairness as I knew The Brittania would be a hard place to come to a get a point, but I am pleased with the way my team played in this game, we were unlucky again with the Shorey own goal but there was nothing he could have done about it in all fairness to him.

West Brom 0-1 Blackburn
Benjani (45+1)

Absolutley devastated with this result, thought we were asured for a victory at the Hawthorns today, but that was not the case when Benjani slotted past Myhill just before the Half Time whistle was about to go. We are juts not having any luck this season and we are not getting any results, its getting very worrying for us now.

Manchester City 2-0 West Brom
Tevez (59, 73)

We were out done by the Billionaires and there was nothing we could do about it, Tevez had ran us ragged today and thats the difference between a top club and a rather mid table club. One player can make the difference and Tevez was that player today,

West Brom 1-1 Fulham
Odemwinge (41) - Elm (43)

It was a good result for us, at least we got some points on the board today but I wasn't happy when we concede just 2 minutes after we scored to take the lead. Odemwinge was sensational today and he should have got a hat-trick, but yet again luck wasn't on our side but as I've already said at least we got some points on the board today.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Post a couple of updates tommorow

December Results

Premierleague

images

Wolves 4-2 West Brom
Jarvis (6,29),Halford (61), Doyle (63) - Pablo (70), Miller (83)

Well what can I say? All I can think about is this result, the numbers 4-2 just keep going through my head and I think about the fans, how they will be devastated with this result, they will also be frustrated. I knew they were losing patience with me but the Chairman has gave me his full backing and has said he will stick with me until the end of the season and depending on our final position in the league, he will make his decision then.

West Brom 0-2 Aston Villa
Rodallega (61), Agbonlahor (63)

Despite this result, im pleased with the performance, we had more shots than them and were unlucky not to score. We are starting to improve against better opponents and I heard some fans shouting my name and singing it

Sunderland 1-2 West Brom
Bent (6) - Dorrans (33), Odemwinge (66)

I am over the moon with this result. Beating Sunderland 2-1 at the stadium of light, amazing result. Odemwinge got on the scoresheet and he is getting closer to the top scorers in the Premierleague. The only thing we need is to keep a clean sheet, and I dont think we have won a game without having a clean sheet this season.

West Brom 0-0 Liverpool
Johnson (sent off 90+2)

I am delighted with this result as Liverpool were all over us all game and they deserved all 3 points, but we stuck in and we were very resilient and we got a very lucky point. Johnson was sent off in the last minute and I thought that we could have shoved everyone up from the back for the free kick but nothing came of the Free Kick and we settled for the point.

West Brom 2-7 Arsenal
Tchoyi (22, 66) - Squillaci (11), Van Persie (32, 46), Arshavin (41, 69), Diaby (45+1) Diakite (own goal 53)

I don't need to tell anyone the scoreline says it all, 7-2, we were hammered. At home you can't do this and expect to stay in the top league and if we don't get a home win soon, we will see ourselves being relegated this season. I can't put all the blame on my boys though, Arsenal were playing there trade today and we did our best to get a draw with 2 goals, but it just was never going to be enough here today and Arsenal were deserved winners.

decent month, but ouch at the arsenal game. then again, with my Leicester team lost 6-1 to both man u and Liverpool.

January Results

Premierleague

images

Blackpool 2-2 West Brom
Southern (30), Sylvestre (35) - Miller (28, 80)

It was a good game no one deserved to win and no one deserved to lose. I am not pleased with this result at all but what can you do? I can only take the positives from this result and Miller got 2 goals today so I guess that is the positives.

West Brom 0-3 Wigan
Boselli (pen 50, 72), N'Zogbia (59)

Rubbish, absolutley rubbish. We didn't deserve anything at all from this game and to think at the start I thought we could have won it. A very poor performance from the whole team today. I am very disappointed at my defence this season they have been poor All season and I will be having individual words with them tommorow at training.

Bolton 1-0 West Brom
Elmander (35)

Anotger poor performance from the lads today, but I did see an improvement in our defence. We were outplayed all game but managed to concede only one goal. I knew it would be hard to come here and win but we near enough snatched a draw when Odemwinge hit the post in the last minute of the game. I though it was in, I was out of my seat jumping, just to be laughed at by the home fans.

West Brom 2-2 Manchester Utd
Dorrans (79), Miller (81) - Berbatov (2), Nani (47)

I was delighted with my team today, we were very resilient and patient. After Berbatov scored with barley 2 minutes on the clock I thought it was going to be another hammering at the hands of one of the big 4 but it was to be our day. Despite going 2-0 down we managed to claw our way back into it and get a vital point. I could hear the home fans starting to back me again despite being near the foot of the table. That is loyalty for you.

FA Cup

images

FA Cup 3rd Round

West Brom 2-1 Arsenal
Miller (18, 20) - Bendtner (1)

We were handed one of the hardest draws in the 3rd round.We had been hammered 7-2 the last time we played the Gunners here at the Hawthorns, but I got the troops pumped up for this game and they managed to get the win I was proud of the lads. We were handed an easy 4th Round draw against Sheffield Wed.

FA Cup 4th Round

Sheffield Wed. 1-0 West Brom
Beevrs (45)

A devastating result for us as I thought we could maybe mount a challenge to make it to Wembly, but if we can't beat Sheffield Wed. we don't deserve to be there. Sheffield Wed. were all over us and the possession shows that with them having 58% of the ball to our 42%. It was a poor show against a team 2 divisions below us and which we should have beaten to progress to the 5th Round.

February Results

Premierleague

images

West Ham 1-2 West Brom
Upson (53) - Odemwinge (29), Noble (own goal 90+3)

I am thrilled to have won away from home again, I think we have picked up more points on our travels this season and that stat itself tells you how bad our season is going but our February has started on a high and hopefully we can keep the rhythm going until the end of the season. Im glad to see Odemwinge back on the scoresheet, but they way we won this game was cruel on West Ham a corner played in, in the last minute and there is a massive scramble in the box finally a shot comes in and it hits the post, cannons back and hits Noble who hasn't got a clue where the ball is and goes into an empty net, but I'm not complaining at all.

Chelsea 3-0 West Brom
Mouath (50), Ramires (61, 68)

I came into this game expecting to lose at least 5-0 to Chelsea but I have to give it to my boys they played there hearts out but Chelsea were just too strong in the end up. We were playing for pride and not points today and I have to say despite the scoreline I think we have kept our pride here today at The Bridge

West Brom 2-1 Birmingham
Tamas (80), Miller (82) - Gardner (76)

I am happy with this result as I went into it hoping for a draw against a strong opposition and we came out with the win and all 3 points, we had to come from a goal down to seal the win though. Tamas got his 1st goal of the season and 2 minutes later Miller sealed the win with a neat finish into the bottom corner. Another good win and a home win.

Newcastle 1-1 West Brom
Coloccini (27) - Lucas (20)

Another draw against The Toon Army, but it was a good draw as we were at St James', not an easy place to come to and leave with at least 1 point but we did. We had tooken the lead in the 20th minute when Lucas picked the ball up 20 yards from goal and he had a pop, Harper was left no chance when it flew past him into the top corner.

March Results

Premierleague

images

West Brom 1-0 Everton
Howard (own goal 88)

Well, what a win for the lads and the fans to celebrate today, I know it was a very undeserved victory and David Moyes is bound to be fuming but it was a day for The Baggies today. A 1-0 victory over a Europa League contending Everton side. I told my boys "what a win, WHAT A WIN", I think after this result I have the backing of the fans and the backing of all the players which is very important if we want to stay in this Division.

Tottenham 1-1 West Brom
Crouch (37) - Odemwinge (9)

A very good performance from my side today and I feel a but unlucky not to have gotten all 3 points today, with us shading the possession with 52% of the ball. Odemwinge back on the scoresheet today hopefully he will be more consistant for us and score in mot of the remaining matches of the season.

We only had 2 games this month and we had 2 great results.

Decent results, and im enjoying this very much.

Where are you in the league mate?

April Results

Premierleague

images

Blackburn 3-3 West Brom
Kalinic (20, 28, 55), Roberts (sent off 74) - Miller (8), Dorrans (79), Tamas (85)

I am pleased with this result as we were 2 goals behind and still managed to find the desire to get a draw another brilliant result and I believe we have what it takes to push forward from this result and maybe get a good top half finish this season.

West Brom 0-3 Manchester City
Tevez (23, 85), Farfan (37)

Not the best result in the world but in all fairness Manchester City are pushing for a Champions League spot and I didn't expect anything coming into this game so I can't say i'm disappointed with the lads because i'm not just a little bump on the track for us i'm sure we will get back on track next week.

West Brom 4-1 Stoke
Odemwinge (17, 51, 83), Tchoyi (65), Odemwinge (missed pen 51) - Huth (54)

What a result!, I really mean that, Stoke arean't the easiest of teams to beat but we did it in style today, 4-1 and an Odemwinge hat-trick what more can you ask for? I could here the fans singing and chanting my name, it was like a dream come true and I would really need this backing because in a couple of weks time Wolves were coming to The Hawthorns.

Fulham 1-1 West Brom
Kamara (pen 71) - Reid (90)

I am pleased with this result, no team deserved to win, we had more possession but Fulham had more of the chances. We were lucky to get our goal, it came in the last minute when Reid hit a 25 yard thunderbolt right into the top corner, the GK didn't have a chance, I felt our was changing at the right time. Up next Wolves.

West Brom 2-1 Wolves
Odemwinge (8, 64) - Henry (45+1)

As the West Brom manager I was delighted, but as a Baggies fan when the full time whistle went I just wanted to run onto the pitch and start dancing and screaming I was over the moon and the fans were absolutley brilliant all game, and at the end of the match The Hawthorns erupted. We had beaten the Dingles oh our own turf thanks to Peter Odemwinge stepping up to the challenge once again with a double. The fans were singing "Steven Dodds na na na na Steven Dodds na na na na" I was nearly in tears.

So the final month of the Premierleague we were just outside the relagation zone and we still had a chance of going down, lets hope that results went our way and the chairman sticks by his word and keep me until the end of the season.

May Results

Premierleague

images

Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom
Young (37, 39) - Odemwinge (13)

View attachment 140262

Bad day for us as Stoke won and edged closer to us in the relagation battle, but Odemwinge has by far been our best player this season, getting another goal today and if i'm still manager come the next transfer window i'll have to do everything in my power to try and keep him at the Hawthorns.

West Brom 4-4 Sunderland
Reid (1), Brunt (23), Pablo (42), Lucas (72) - Bent (10, 38, 44), Cattermole (20)

View attachment 140263

It wasn't the result that matter after the final whistle blew. It mattered that we will be staying in the Premiership for at least another season as all we needed today was a pint and it was Stoke who were relagated with Blackpool and Newcastle, not us, we were staying in the Premiership.

Liverpool 2-0 West Brom
Kuyt (45+2), Gerrard (76)

View attachment 140264

I didn't care about this result all I cared about was keeping my job as West Brom manager as I was very much looking forward to another season in the Premiership with my beloved West Brom

Premiership Finishing Table
View attachment 140266

Premiership Top Scorers
View attachment 140269

West Brom Chairman hints Dodds sacking?

West Brom Chairman has suggested that Dodds may be sacked as manager after failing to meet expectations, he said in an interview this morning that Dodds had underachieved with West Brom, but it is not fully his choice to decide wether Dodds leaves the club or not.

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Dodds Sacked

Former West Brom manager Steven Dodds has been sacked by the Chairman today, It has come to many people as a surprise that Dodds has been sacked without much internal discussion. Steven Dodds is said to be Devastated with the sacking but he fully understands why he has been sacked. Steven Dodds said he will be looking to get back into management as soon as possible and doesn't care which country or which team he manages, he just can't bare without being a manager.

Ok so being sacked was defiantly not in the plans, so I thought I would just start a whole new story, not much point doing another WBA one when I clearly can't get tactics right. Think im gonna do a French team.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

Sky Bet Betting Odds

images

Sky Bet have today priced Dodds' takeover chances at clubs the bets stand at:

Norwich 2/1
Portsmouth 5/1
Leeds 5/1
Wolves 7/1
Stoke 7/1
Newcastle 7/1
Lille 10/1
Atletico Madrid 15/1
Dortmund 20/1

There are some shocks in that list but there has been shocks before, but with Wolves in that list you wouldn't put it past the Chairman hiring Dodds as manager. Also A. Madrid, Lille and Dortmund there from Spain, France and Germany respectively. Also the favourites Norwich, they are rumoured to be intrested in Dodds despite the amazing job that Lamber has done getting them promoted to the Championship. Another Update Coming Up soon.

Grayson and McArthy Not Going Anywhere

News just in that both Wolves and Leeds have no intrest in appointing Dodds as their manager in the near future after bith Chairman's came out and said that they have faith in their manager and will not be forced into making a "stupid" appointment.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Dodds Offered Contracts

Manager Steven Dodds has in the last few minutes been offered a contract by 2 clubs, we know that one of them is French side Lille, who Dodds has said he has admired the club for a couple of seasons now with the talents of Hazard, Sow and Gervinho really making an impact in the Ligue 1. We however do not know who the 2nd team is but if you stick with us we will be soon sure to find out.

images
images

Dodds - "I will be making my decision in the next few minutes of who I will be managing, it is not an easy choice as both teams are really talented and both play amazing football.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Dodds seals a move to Spain

New Atletico Madrid Manager Steven Dodds has today signed a 2 year deal with the club and the Chairman is said to be thrilled with his appointment. Dodds who turned 26 just a couple of days ago said he is living the dream and is stunned by receiving this "dream" offer. Dodds said in a press conference just moments ago that he has always dreamed of moving to Spain and managing a great Spanish team, like Atletico Madrid, he said he can't wait to get into the training ground and get things running his way. He has already got a Spanish tutor as he doesn't know a lot of Spanish but he said he will try very hard to learn it as quick as he possibly can.

images

Good story but can u give more screenshots of league standings maybe one every month or two months so we know where you are in the table. also there was no jan transfers/rumours which was disapointing.

Good story but can u give more screenshots of league standings maybe one every month or two months so we know where you are in the table. also there was no jan transfers/rumours which was disapointing.

Ok m8, didn't even think about the January transfers my bad will do it next time around and I will also post screenies of the table every month

Really enjoyed reading this. I managed a 14th place finish with West Brom in my first season after not picking up a single point after the first 10 games!! (Btw, this was extremely demorolizing as i've just purchased the game and haven't played for a year). I stuck with it and managed a good strong finish. Why did you get sacked? You avoided relegation?? :/