RobLFCYNWA

Reaction score
Not sure if its in the right section blah blah blah but I would like to see a West Brom guide :).

Normally when I read through guides it makes me want to play with the team and I've been going West Brom a lot of FIFA but there's no guides on here.

There will probably be one , just not on here.
Check Football Manager Wiki.

Searched google but there's only one or two that aren't that appealing tbh.
A WBA fan should step up and make one :)

I've finished 7th with them in the first season before and had two good cup runs (semi and a final) in the first season which I thought was a decent effort. PM me if you need advice, but basically I'd say 4-5-1 works best where you have two centre mids, an advanced playmaker in the amc position and two wingers. Play short passing and fluid football.

I advise getting rafael on loan for you rb position and whilst he may not look it, Ishmael Miller is your best forward, though after a season or two Chris Wood will be the best.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Oh and Carson is one **** keeper.

I've finished 7th with them in the first season before and had two good cup runs (semi and a final) in the first season which I thought was a decent effort. PM me if you need advice, but basically I'd say 4-5-1 works best where you have two centre mids, an advanced playmaker in the amc position and two wingers. Play short passing and fluid football.

I advise getting rafael on loan for you rb position and whilst he may not look it, Ishmael Miller is your best forward, though after a season or two Chris Wood will be the best.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Oh and Carson is one **** keeper.

Finishing 7th in the first season is class! The cup runs are amazin aswell... good effort that! Cheers for the advice. What about Odem is he good?

Currently 6th in the league first season, playing with an updated database with January squad changes which mean I have Vela on loan so if you are not you may need to bring in a left attacking midfielder but Chris Brunt has filled in well whenever called upon there.

I basically line up with a 4-1-2-2-1, 4 defenders, an anchor man, two central midfielders, attacking wingers and an advanced forward.

I play a nike defence which I find works well, with Jonas Olsson the stopper and Pablo as cover. My fullbacks are just default fullbacks, Shorey and Jara have been solid if not awe inspiring, might look to replace them in the summer.

My holding midfielder is Mulumbu and he is a beast, playing in an anchor man role. Very little gets past him, and what does is quickly dealt with by Olsson or Pablo. In central midfield I partner Dorrans with Steven Reid usually, Dorrans plays as an advanced playmaker but in a supporting role, utilising his creativity but giving enough clout in the middle of the park to play the control game I favour. Reid plays as a box-to-box and does so well, chipping in with some important goals. He's got superb determination and work rate, key operating well in this role.

On the left wing I usually play Vela and the right Tchoyi, and I can't count the amount of fullbacks that have beens ent off for bringing them down. If you haven't got an update loaded then Brunt will do well on the left and James Morrison provides great cover for the right, but as I use Odemwingie in an advanced forward role ensure that if you bring in a new winger for either side that they can finish as they often find themselves having plenty of goal scoring oppurtunities.

Up front, of course, is Odemwingie. I have tried to rotate him when possible with Fortune (who works suprisingly well, 5 goals in 9 (3) ) and he has banged in 10 league goals in 15 starts, aswell as one in one start in the cup. I have brought in Wickham and loaned him out as a long term replacement for him.

In terms of transfer activity I have been relatively limited. In the Summer I brought in Wickham and Rasmus Lindgren for a combined total of £4.8m, with Rasmus providing great cover for both the anchor man role and the box to box midfield role. And in January I signed Jack Butland for £1.1m, who I'm hoping will replace Carson sooner rather than later, and Raphael Varane for £3.2m as a long term replacement for Pablo (he's 29 and his contract expires June 2013). Restraint is key, you've got the players to keep you up comfortably and the squad is balanced well. Any replacements you do make, make sure you do not do so lightly.

I have supplemented my budget by selling Simon ***, Roman Bednar and Meite for a combined fee of £5.25m. You wont need *** and Bednar as your playing one up front, with both Vela, Wood and Fortune able to cover more than sufficiently.

Tactically, I keep it consistent, playing a balanced philosophy, with a control starting strategy. I don't want to give you too much advice in this department as I'm sure you'll want to experiment yourself but I find pressing more to be effective, as your players have a great work rate, and using zonal marking works well with the nike defence.

Hope I've helped, if you need any more advice or anything feel free to message me. ;)

I finished 7th and won the league cup with albion in my first season. Using a tactic that I found one here 4-3-2-1 TFM i think it is called. Main thing to do with Albion is strengthen the team with a centre back (steven taylor for me), new striker (christian benitez is my case) a few centre midfielders (i signed darren pratley and christian eriksson on loan) all of this funded by selling bednar, miller, and gabriel tamas (loan)

Also get better staff in as the ones at the club arent the best really. Tosh Farrell is always a must in my eyes. Great attacking or technical coach which every you want really.

I finished 7th and won the league cup with albion in my first season. Using a tactic that I found one here 4-3-2-1 TFM i think it is called. Main thing to do with Albion is strengthen the team with a centre back (steven taylor for me), new striker (christian benitez is my case) a few centre midfielders (i signed darren pratley and christian eriksson on loan) all of this funded by selling bednar, miller, and gabriel tamas (loan)

Also get better staff in as the ones at the club arent the best really. Tosh Farrell is always a must in my eyes. Great attacking or technical coach which every you want really.

Tosh farrel is pretty good. up the wolves tho lol YOUR TEAM HAS NO GUIDE HAHAH!(6)

link it to the team guides thread then. otherwise the tesco faithful will be deprived of a full guide. good luck against manure today by the way!