glova96

Reaction score
"Graham!"
"Graham!"

I awoke immediately, it was my brother. I managed to open my eyes and reluctantly sat up.
"What is it Willie?" I asked with an exhausted groan.
"Look, Look" He was very excited.
I looked up to see him pointing straight at the television on the wall, the bright light was strong, but i squinted and managed to focus my eyes on it. B-Breaking News I managed to work out, it was sky sports news. I looked up at him, he was still very excited. Confused I rubbed my eyes and took another look at the yellow scrolling bar that drew everyones attention.
I only managed to catch the end, i read aloud
"resigns as West Brom manager".
"Isn't this great!" Willie exclaimed.

This was a club that had just been promoted, and had a young up and coming, and so far succesful manager, and they have sacked him? Very strange. I had to find out more i quickly sat up pulled on the new clean set of clothes from the foot of my bed. A pair of jeans and a plain white shirt, this would do. I stood up put on my slippers, patted my dog on the head and walked out of the front door.

It was only down the road, Little Nev's, as it was known, the local newsagent. I walked in picked up The Newcastle Express paper, and as i expected the headline read...
BAGGIES BOSS SACKED

"Alright Bud" It was Nev's croaky old voice.
"Mornin' Nevvo just the express today"
"You've seen the news then, ay?"
"I have indeed Nev, It took me by suprise to be honest"
"So fancy your chances then?"
I laughed it off, as i did for a while. As that question in one form or another was one i would be asked for the next couple of weeks.

Alan Curbishley 5/4
Sam Allardyce 7/1
Phil Brown 8/1
Martin O'Neil 10/1
Graham McDonagh 16/1
Gary Megson 20/1
Eddie Newton 20/1

Those were the odds, it was fantastic to see my name considered.
I am not just an uknown person, i am a former player, a scottish international myself, i did infact play at West Brom as a Youngster. Since then i have grown fond of the club.

I am most well known for my time with Rangers, 14 years i spent in their first team making 443 appearances scoring 151 goals. I also played for Sunderland, Wimbledon and Hamilton.
I have only managed 2 teams in the past i was caretaker manager at Falkirk (albeit for 3 months). Also, i managed Iverness for a year and 3 months, maintaining a SPL status and reaching the semi final of the Scottish Cup, losing out to Rangers.
I would of course love to manage back at West Brom. All i can do is hope.

*2 WEEKS LATER*

"Hello all, thank you for attending today for this important news. The board and myself, have made a decision on the change in management of the club. We feel that we have made the right decision and we hope that you will respect the appointment too." The powerful voice of Jeremy Peace.

"I would like to welcome our new manager, Graham McDonagh"

There was a strange atmosphere, at first there were whispers and i could see that everyone was shocked, but after a while i got the reception i needed, i was applauded as i took my seat at the semmingly very long table. I was here, at The Hawthorns, back where i started and boy did it feel good.

My First Press Conference-

Q: "Graham, as a former youth player at West Brom, you must be delighted to be returning here, as manager!"
A: Yes, of course i mean i didnt spend long here before but i was extremely impressed at that time, and have been ever since of the running of the club. I hope to emulate that once more to bring joy to The Hawthorns"

Q: You have come in at an important time, pre-season and mid transfer window, do you have an idea of which players will be offloaded and which will be part of your plans?
A: Well, i have only just got here but, although i do know a fair bit about the club and its players, a new manager can bring about a change in mind with the players. Therefore, i am willing to let players show me what they can do, although i will be keeping my eye out for some players.

Q:How involved to you intend to be with the club and players, will you use a hands on approach?
A: Well, im certainly not one for sitting back and letting people get on with things, i will always look to be involved but this is a job which will need patience at times, as for hands on i will look to speak to the players, as if i believe something will benefit one of my players i will not let it run by.

Q: Finally, You have joined in pre-season it is important to get a good start and will you be dipping your toes in the transfer market any time soon?
A: Well, as a new manager of a club it is always important to hit the ground running and thats what we will be looking to do here, and although itn is very early, the transfer market will be looked into yes.

Last edited:
not bad, shame you support a sh*t team :) keep it up tho mate, try and get some pics and that in, bit of a chore to read it all.. but keep it up :) and check out mine :D

Cheers, haha and i shall upload some screenies and pictures and things. Yes, i know it is quite long... i suppose its just because ive been building it all up in my head for a while, finally got it down :p
i will follow yours too ;)

TRANSFERS IN:

It was two in for the Baggies as they strengthened their squad in the striker position and in the defence the fullback position was covered. "Important team players" McDonagh named them. With Pierre Webo arriving for an overall fee of 6.2m and Kyle Naughton arrived on loan with a loan fee of 230k.

TRANSFERS OUT:

There were no transfers out so far for the scot and albion, but two players were loaned out. Chris Wood joined Milwall on loan and Joe Mattock joined QPR on loan.​

Here are the pre-season results from all of Albion's friendlies, an unbeaten record. Lets hope we can take this into the season. Goals in pre-season coming from:
Dorrans- 3
Miller- 2
Tamas-2
Tchoyi-1
Mulumbu- 1
Alliyu- 1
Cech- 1
Reid -1
Webo- 1
Morrison- 1
Barnes- 1
Wood- 1
Odemwingie- 1

West Brom 1-0 Everton
Saturday 14th August 2010
The Hawthorns
15:00

26,400 spectators looked on as a dominant Albion side brushed Everton side with a solid performance. Although a 1-0 scoreline may suggest a tight affair, this was far from the case as 32 minutes into the game Graham Dorrans gave fellow scot McDonagh something to cheer about as the baggies playmaker hit a goal of the month contender as he sweetly struck from the edge of the area well out of Howard's reach and into the top corner. Throughout the rest of the match West Brom controlled the game. Although, Osman had an effort right at the end it went just wide and the whistle went shortly after, to reward WBA with a har earned and well deserved win.

Last edited: