West Brom Youth Global Free Agent Challenge

smiles1000

Reaction score
Hey

I have decided to take on the global free agent challenge with a twist. I will be taking charge of my local team West Bromwich Albion and I'm only allowed to sign players under the age of 23 meaning people like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be signed.

Anyways check back later to check out who I did sign

please carry this on because most people who do these free agent challenges last about 2 days then they stop and its getting pretty annoying

please carry this on because most people who do these free agent challenges last about 2 days then they stop and its getting pretty annoying
its because they get too easy/ some teams sign nobody! i did 2 seasons as stoke doing one and had the likes of Lewandowski, Schurrle and Danilo

its because they get too easy/ some teams sign nobody! i did 2 seasons as stoke doing one and had the likes of Lewandowski, Schurrle and Danilo

that is my only worry cause like chelsea bottom of the league - all losses and haven't scored a goal but lets see how things go

i guess so but if u start it a few months before then i think more teams sign more players but i see where your coming from

Pre-season

View attachment 367562

Not a bad pre-season with new players joining all the way through and getting used to the tactics which is why there is a mixed bag of results.

August 2012

Premier League
West Ham (Home)
Won 4-0
Goal Scorers - Wilfried Zaha (2), Own Goal and Danny Welbeck

Premier League

Liverpool (Away)
Lost 3-0

Capital One Cup (2nd Round)

Preston (Home)
Won 4-3
Goal Scorer - Danny Welbeck (4)

A good start to the season with the win against with West Ham but the team was brought back to earth with the loss against Liverpool. Also the win in the cup got the team back to winning ways and through to the next round where Hartlepool away will be the opponents.

Last edited:
September 2012

*Transfer News* Chris Smalling, Yassine Benzia and Jack Wilshire are all announced as new West Brom players as cover for injuries and for the future.

Premier League
Tottenham (Home)
Won 4-1
Goal Scorers - Danny Welbeck, Simon Kjaer and Kyriakos Papadopoulos (2)

Premier League
Chelsea (Away)
Won 3-0
Goal Scorers - Own Goal, Isco and Iker Muniain

Premier League
Manchester United (Home)
Draw 2-2
Goal Scorers - Ryan Bertrand and Danny Welbeck

Capital One Cup(3rd Round)
Hartlepool (Away)
Won 2-1
Goal Scorers - Mason Bennett and Wilfried Zaha

Premier League
Sunderland (Away)
Won 1-0
Goal Scorer - Iker Muniain

A good unbeaten month with the only points dropped in the game against Manchester United so a good month overall. Also through to the next round of the capital one cup to face a trip to Torquay.

Awards

Kyriakos Papadopoulos came third in the young player of the month.

League Table

View attachment 367569

Last edited:
October 2012

*Transfer News* Souleymane Coulibaly and Nicola Leali are both joining West Brom with both tipped to be stars of the future.

Premier League
Reading (Home)
Won 3-1
Goal Scorers - Danny Welbeck, Christian Eriksen and Nathan Redmond

Premier League
QPR (Away)
Won 6-1
Goal Scorers - Danny Welbeck (4), Nathan Redmond and Simon Kjaer

Premier League

Aston Villa (Away)
Won 3-1
Goal Scorers - Tom Ince, Danny Welbeck and Chris Smalling

*Manager News* Alan Pardew sacked as manager of Newcastle United

Capital One Cup
(4th round)
Torquay (Away)
Won 2-0
Goal Scorers - Raheem Sterling and Will Hughes

A good month will all games won and another win in the cup with Scunthorpe visiting the Hawthorns in the quarter finals.

Awards

Danny Welbeck was 2nd and Christian Eriksen was 3rd in the young player of the month
I was named manager of the month for October

League Table

View attachment 367588

Last edited:
November 2012

*Manager News* Newcastle United appoint Steve Clarke as their new manager. Aston Villa, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur sack Paul Lambert, Rafa Benitez and Andre Villas-Boas as managers of these football clubs

Premier League
Swansea (Home)
Won 5-0
Goal Scorers - Tom Ince, Christian Eriksen (2), Jack Wilshire and Danny Welbeck

*Manager News* Chelsea appoint Marcelo Bielsa as their new manager. Tottenham Hotspur appoint Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager.

Premier League
Everton (Home)
Won 4-0
Goal Scorers - Christian Eriksen, Ryan Betrand, Isco and Jack Wilshire

*Manager News* David Moyes leaves job as Everton manager to take over at Aston Villa

Premier League

Fulham (Home)
Won 5-1
Goal Scorers - Iker Muniain, Nathan Redmond, Danny Welbeck, Jonjo Shelvey and Tom Ince

*Manager News* Roberto Martinez leaves job as Wigan Manager to take over at Everton

Premier League

Arsenal (Away)
Lost 4-1
Goal Scorer - Jack Wilshire

Premier League
Manchester City (Away)
Lost 2-1
Goal Scorer - Wilfred Zaha

A disappointing end to the month with the defeats against Manchester City and Arsenal but the team still looks to be on for a top seven finish and hopefully a place in Europe next season

Last edited:
December 2012

*Manager News* Wigan appoint Mark Bowen as their new manager

Premier League
Newcastle (Home)
Won 5-0
Goal Scorers - Danny Welbeck (2), Isco and Jonjo Shelvey (2)

Capital One Cup
(Quarter Final)
Scunthorpe (Home)
Won 4-0
Goal Scorers - Nathan Redmond, Yassine Benzia, Iker Muniain, Raheem Sterling

Premier League
Wigan (Home)
Won 5-0
Goal Scorers - Own Goal, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshire and Simon Kjaer

Premier League

Southampton (Away)
Lost 2-0

Premier League
Norwich (Away)
Won 8-1
Goal Scorers - Iker Muniain (2), Jack Wilshire (2) and Christian Eriksen (4)

Premier League

Stoke (Home)
Won 7-1
Goal Scorers - Iker Muniain (3), Danny Welbeck (2) and Jack Wilshire (2)

Premier League

Liverpool (Home)
Won 2-0
Goal Scorers - Christian Eriksen and Danny Welbeck

Two results that stick out from this month was the defeat against Southampton who are one place below us in the league and the win against the leaders Liverpool who before the game at the Hawthorns had won their past thirteen games in the league.

Awards

I came second in manager of the month and Jack Wilshire and Iker Muniain were 2nd and 3rd in the young player of the month.

Good work so far! I'm playing a Man U GFA challenge as well and Chelsea went and signed Messi AND Ronaldo.

January 2013

*Manager News* Swansea sack Michael Laudrup and appoint Alan Curbishley as his replacement

Premier League
West Ham (Away)
Won 4-2
Goal Scorers - James Ward-Prowse (2) and Nathan Redmond (2)

FA Cup (3rd round)
Hull City (Away)
Won 4-0
Goal Scorers - Nathaniel Chalobah, Isco, Wilfried Zaha and Will Hughes

Capital One Cup
(Semi Final First Leg)
Brentford (Away)
Won 2-1
Goal Scorers - Christian Eriksen and Iker Muniain

Premier League

Tottenham (Away)
Won 6-0
Goal Scorers - Iker Muniain, James Ward-Prowse (2) and Danny Welbeck (3)

Premier League

Chelsea (Home)
Won 3-0
Goal Scorers - Wilfried Zaha, Steven Caulker and Danny Welbeck

Premier League

Manchester United (Away)
Lost 2-0

Capital One Cup (Semi Final 2nd Leg)
Brentford (Home)
Won 4-0
Goal Scorers - Nathaniel Chalobah, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Jack Rodwell (2)

FA Cup (4th Round)
Charlton (Away)
Won 3-1
Goal Scorers - Wilfried Zaha (2) and Chris Smalling

Premier League

Sunderland (Home)
Won 2-0
Goal Scorers - Iker Muniain and Christian Eriksen

The disappointment of the month was the loss to Manchester United but this was made up by the win in the semi finals of the Capital One cup meaning the Baggies are on the way to Wembley. Our opponents will be Manchester United who we lost to away and drew at home so a tough task to bring the trophy home.

League Table

View attachment 474011

Last edited: