West Ham complete O'Neil signing

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham complete the capture of midfielder Gary O'Neil from Championship side Middlesbrough.

More...

decent signing for West Ham, he has been decent in the Prem in the past. Must be a bit worrying for Boro fans being near the bottom and now losing Wheater and O Neil

decent signing for West Ham, he has been decent in the Prem in the past. Must be a bit worrying for Boro fans being near the bottom and now losing Wheater and O Neil
Not really. Never really done much for us. Another 2 million in the kitty and another £40,000 a week off the wage bill.

I thought he was a quality player, though I haven't watched much of Middlesbrough in the Championship so can't judge him on recent performances.

Not really. Never really done much for us. Another 2 million in the kitty and another £40,000 a week off the wage bill.

fair enough you know more than me. I have always got the impression he was an ok player. u worried about your safety this season, especially after being considered promotion favourites pre season?

Thought this was MON when I saw the thread.

Mmmmm mixed feelings would of liked a attacking midfielder, but better then nothing.

To JP Woody. I love your Avatar. Dont suppose u can either let me know were you got it from or do me one with Peter wearing a West Ham shirt. A little cheaky seen as we have just taken O'Neill off u now I want your shirt too....lol :D

I heard that we were interested in Sulley Muntari, so not too pleased with the signing, but I think he will do a job as he is a hard worker and has decent technical abilities to play in the premier league. Seems like he is the replacement for Behrami, which is not a great deal IMO, Behrami gave us something different and was a top player for the club

To JP Woody. I love your Avatar. Dont suppose u can either let me know were you got it from or do me one with Peter wearing a West Ham shirt. A little cheaky seen as we have just taken O'Neill off u now I want your shirt too....lol :D

Unfortunately no. Peter is a genuine Boro fan. His son Stewie also follows the red & white and is a regular at the matches.

well decent signing for West Ham, they sure are one of the most active teams in the transfer market so far what with Ba and now Neill