chi-bob

Reaction score
So iv entered into a network game with my housemates.

We all decided to pick the lower end teams of the Premiership, more accurately all the W's.

Wigan
West Ham
Wolves
West Brom

I would consider myself to be quite a good FM player especially at finding players, or more precisely at procuring players. Think of me as the Sven Goran Eriksson of the FM world. So with West Ham I have managed to get hold of some quite interesting and talented players. However, I did make two mistakes in the transfer window and let two good players leave. But with my current form and experience id say that I am doing anything but down right ******!

Heres what iv done so far:

IN:
Jozy Altidore (Valencia)
Kiko (Hercules)
Itay Shehter (Tel-Aviv)
Mahamadou Diarra (Real Madrid)
Jo (Man City)
Oguchi Onyewu (Ac Milan)
Yoric Ravet (GF 38)

OUT:
Jonathan Spector
Julien Faubert (loaned out)
Manuel da Costa
Junior Stanislas (regret)
Danny Gabbidon
Benni McCarthy
Valon Behrami (regret)

Stuck with: (players iv tried to get sell)
Kieron Dyer
Luís Boa Morte
Frédéric Piquionne
Tried to loan out these guys/sell them but no one was interested.

Now in my first four fixtures I have failed to get any points.

Chelsea - lost 3-1
Everton - lost 2-0
Bolton - lost 1-0
Birmingham - lost 2-1

The Everton and Chelsea games were none starters but the Bolton and Birmingham games were just un-fortunate. Lars Jacobsen missed a penalty in the Bolton game and Upson scored an own goal in the Birmingham game. :(

So far iv been using the 4-5-1 tactic, with default settings.

Also the transfer deadline has passed - which is kinda good since I dont think buying more players will help my situation. However I think what I need is a decent LB and RB. Jacobssen and Ilunga arent the greatest of players.

My starting 11 is:

Itay Shehter (ST) (im using Jo, Cole and Altidore in roation but considering I have four strikers I should really be using a formation which uses at least two a game)
Yoric Ravet (AM R)
Pablo Barrera (AM L)
Parker (CM)
Noble (CM)
Diaara (DM)
Ilunga (LB)
Onyewu (CB)
Upson (CB)
Jacobsen (RB)
Green (GK)

I think I just need to concentrate on the players I have and hopefully rectify this disaster. The team is a bit of a mess and im not sure if iv bought well at all, as I havent really fixed the areas where I need players... but yeh any advice would be much appreciated.

My first thoughts are formation here. Its a shame you brought in the extra winger unless you convert him to a striker as I believe a 4-3-3 would suit you here. Don't regret selling Behrami. I usually take the 8 million for him as thought his stats look good in places he never really achives great ratings. Same with Stanislas. I use Frankys 433 which is from The Dugout and Sigames Forums which uses 3 defensively minded midfielders and a three pronged strike force (two must be pacy) You easily have the strikers and midfield to use this tactic. I would upgrade both full backs, particularly RB. Also if you have Tal Ben Haim still on loan you can buy him for nothing as I have discovered. Onyewu's mental stats can be quite low and that is where you may suffer defensively. Piquionne is good for the first season, as good as any of the other strikers you have. Dyer is horrific and you have to transfer list him at the beginning of the game and offer him out for his value with loan status unavailable. I assume you still have Kovac for the midfield places? Shame that you did not get Masilela the LB at the start as he is cheap at 180k and better than Ilunga. I hope this helps

Could you link me to the 4-4-3 tactics? Cheers.

Just managed my first set of points against Sunderland in a two nil win! The 4-5-1 is starting to work for me and with another formation to which between I should be ok.

Yeh I definitely need to upgrade my LB and RB. Masilela is at Arsenal now, but he still hasnt played a game so might be able to steal him at the end of the season or at least get him on loan in Jan.

could someone post the tactic again, have been looking all over for it and every link i have tried has been extint.
Much appreciated