West Ham make £5m bid for Shorey

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham close in on a deal for Reading's England defender Nicky Shorey, BBC Radio 5live understands.

More...

well considerin gareth bale cost 10 million, shorey is more than half the player bale is :p

Except Warnock and Bale.

gareth bale was just over-priced and will probs turn out better than shorey in the future...i dont think warnock that good though

Shorey better than Evra? Don't think so squire.

Shorey is a good player, will do well for West Ham if he signs but it wont be good deal for Reading losing him

Wayne Bridge is probably the best left back we have and he's not exactly great. Then I'd say Warnock, a lot of pundits agree too just not the 'pundits' on MOTD. Not seen a lot of Bale yet but he looks like he can defend and most importantly get attacks started, so definitely one for the future. Shorey on the other hand, had a terrible game against Germany and in my opinion is easily replaceable.

Oh and Ashley Cole... definitely the best left back in the world if you're Motson but if you can see you know how average he really is.

Thank the lord were not all like John Motson :p

Surely people arent considering Bale as a future England left-back? Taking into account hes Welsh like...

Ha ha, oops completely forgot about that. Everyone else was mentioning him so I just assumed he was an u21 or something. :blush:

Wayne Bridge is probably the best left back we have and he's not exactly great. Then I'd say Warnock, a lot of pundits agree too just not the 'pundits' on MOTD. Not seen a lot of Bale yet but he looks like he can defend and most importantly get attacks started, so definitely one for the future. Shorey on the other hand, had a terrible game against Germany and in my opinion is easily replaceable.

Oh and Ashley Cole... definitely the best left back in the world if you're Motson but if you can see you know how average he really is.

Warnock? If warnock was the best left back he'd have at least been recognised by now for England. And shorey is by far better than wayne bridge. I agree with Ashley Cole.

haha lee you are so biased, just as he used to be at liverpool. warnock is aab. i cant believe you say hes better than ashley cole