West Ham protest over Fulham team

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham complain to the Premier League for clarification over Fulham's decision to rest players for the match with Hull, report BBC Radio 5 live.

More...

**** off west ham. it wasnt a weak team.

Did anybody see what [Mick] McCarthy said about it? What a legend :P

Plus it was a pretty strong team, just because he made 8 changes.. They wouldn't be complaining if they had made the changes against them!

There was what... 6-7 changes to the side?? I've seen much worse and the team wasn't weakened much. West Ham need to start worrying about how they approach their matches and not others

HOW can it be a weak team with Schwarzer and Hangeland

HOW HOW HOW

If both of those teams were in mid-table then there would not be any problem with it at all but because West Ham are near the drop zone with Hull then they complain. Teams should have the right to field whoever they want as long as they are registered.

it a silly rule any way, a manager should be allowed to pick whatever team he chooses no matter how many changes

I wonder if SI will bring this into FM next year. Clubs complaining that you have weakened side.

Its just Gold and Sullivan trying to pull one as per usual!
It wont stand up, if they try to press the charges of it

i think they need to change that rule anyway! A manager has a SQUAD and he should pick which ever players he wants from that squad that the best way to go about the game.

Loads of teams rest their best players at some games, its the way the game is nowadays

cant ******* stand west ham... what do they hope to achieve from this? extra points handed to them :)

My dad is a West Ham fan and he is embarassed by this.

What do you expect ffs? They've played something like 15 european league games this season, of course they need to rest players, ******* ridiculous.

Pulling a strings here West Ham, concentrate on keeping yourselves up instead of being little *******.

Didn't hear them complaining when Fergie put out a weakened side against them on the last day of the season a few years back. Maybe cos they won and stayed up as a result?

Can't stand West Ham and that rule is a load of bollocks. A manager is paid to make the best use of his squad, and as Fulham are in Europe this year and playing around 60 games, they've got to rotate at some point.

My dad is a West Ham fan and he is embarassed by this.

Wait wait wait, so your dad is a West Ham fan, your a Spurs fan, your bro is an Arsenal fan, does that make your mum a Chelsea fan? ;)

a manager should be able to field whatever side he wishes.

Roy Hodgson is the manager he names whatever team he wants, nothing will be done anyway

If he uses the Wenger excuse and says "I'm playing my 2nd team so they can gain experience" There would be no fuss.

Smells of David and David

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

But I do think If they punished Wolves and they won their next game then Fulham should be ppunished as they won their next game (vs Wolfsburg)

Back