West ham - Pub team

Reaction score
Chesterfield 2 West Ham 1

WEST HAM were branded a pub team last night — by their own chairman.

Boss Alan Pardew revealed he was close to the sack after supremo Terry Brown lashed out in a ferocious dressing-room tirade.

Brown was furious at seeing the Hammers crash out of the Carling Cup — their eighth straight defeat — at the hands of League One Chesterfield.

Soon after Caleb Folan’s 87th-minute winner, the usually unemotional Brown branded West Ham’s performance ‘unacceptable’.

And he is believed to have told the stunned players the club had forked out £16,000 for a team bus and overnight hotel stop, when they ‘may as well have fielded a Sunday pub team’.

Pardew admitted: “All I want to do is to win games for West Ham — and I’m not doing that.”

Goals from Colin Larkin and Folan sentenced Pards’ men to a disastrous third-round exit, despite Marlon Harewood’s early opener giving them their first goal in more than 11 hours of football.

Pardew added: “I am not after buying time for my job. Every manager has to live or die by results and I’m no exception.

“I’m aghast for the fans. They will go home very angry and disappointed, much like we are.

“While they have been supportive so far, that time is going to run out very soon unless we can find some sort of form.

they will probably win it now :D

they knocked out 2 good teams and 1 amazing team

obviously the amazing team is wolves:pleased:

i think the main problem for the team is probably mash and tev, they have not got much expierence and cant adapt to the english game.

he should just go back to what made him do well 1st year.