• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham say they have rejected a bid from Tottenham for midfielder Scott Parker.

More...

Scott Parker one of the three players he wants to sign?

Scott Parker one of the three players he wants to sign?

I Friggin hope not. We don't need him, hes 29 would cost too much, have no sell on value, not good enough to get into our Starting 11, so whats the point..oO)

Just save the money up to buy Ozil ;)

surely they have enough centre mids.
I think O'Hara's definitely going to leave at some point this summer, there's a lot of clubs interested, so maybe he's looking to replace him. Parkers more of a defensive player than O'Hara though so not sure.

I think O'Hara's definitely going to leave at some point this summer, there's a lot of clubs interested, so maybe he's looking to replace him. Parkers more of a defensive player than O'Hara though so not sure.

oh yer i know but they also signed sandro who is a defensive player.

No biased view, but Parker would walk in to the yids team. Hes head and shoulders above that fat lump Huddlestone, and has a better all round game than Palacios, if we lost Parker, it would be catastrophic, as there is no one in the premier league who does a job like Parker. Well done Sullivan and Gold!

oh yer i know but they also signed sandro who is a defensive player.
Yeah thats true, Harry's got a record of buying playing 'for the sake of it' though at times, they're always good buys but looking at the 2007/2008 January window he bought Diarra for £5m (who yeah was a good deal but it made Mendes and Davis unhappy and want to leave). He always likes a lot of depth in each position, as would any manager, but he's not to great with realising money doesn't grow on tree's. I think this is just for depth which they don't really need tbh, but I suppose he's just preparing for the first. Either that or someone like Jenas is on there way out.

Yeah thats true, Harry's got a record of buying playing 'for the sake of it' though at times, they're always good buys but looking at the 2007/2008 January window he bought Diarra for £5m (who yeah was a good deal but it made Mendes and Davis unhappy and want to leave). He always likes a lot of depth in each position, as would any manager, but he's not to great with realising money doesn't grow on tree's. I think this is just for depth which they don't really need tbh, but I suppose he's just preparing for the first. Either that or someone like Jenas is on there way out.

exacly my point for saying look at harry's track record whenever he leaves the club faces financial difficaulties. its all good and well when he is in charge of your club take pompey as an example excellent players an facup win and a european tour but then looked what happend. he likes to have a massive squad and say if they sign all these players and dont get champions league football next season they will have a champions league size squad without the champions league revinue.

Biased view, but Parker would walk in to the yids team. Hes head and shoulders above that fat lump Huddlestone, and has a better all round game than Palacios, if we lost Parker, it would be catastrophic, as there is no one in the premier league who does a job like Parker. Well done Sullivan and Gold!

Lmao.

No biased view, but Parker would walk in to the yids team. Hes head and shoulders above that fat lump Huddlestone, and has a better all round game than Palacios, if we lost Parker, it would be catastrophic, as there is no one in the premier league who does a job like Parker. Well done Sullivan and Gold!
lol. he wouldnt walk into that team. huddlestone is a better passer,and palacios is a better around player. as for no one who does a job like parker, i give you essien, fletcher, palacios straight off the top of my head

instead of buying a defensive midfielder he should be looking at buying a top class centre forward

Maybe I'm being a bit dim here but didn't West Ham say every player was up for sale apart from Scott Parker? XD

Scott Pakrer will not fit into the Tottenham set-up,might aswell buy a good defender and striker

I heard a rumour that O'Hara was coming to Newcastle, but that doesn't really seem to have taken off. Parker is a very talented player who did well when he was at Newcastle, getting on abit now though so I'm suprised West Ham haven't cashed in.

Thought he signed a 5 year deal like yesterday, point of bidding!?

I heard a rumour that O'Hara was coming to Newcastle, but that doesn't really seem to have taken off. Parker is a very talented player who did well when he was at Newcastle, getting on abit now though so I'm suprised West Ham haven't cashed in.
Yeah mate, and Ribery is coming to the 'Pool...

Exactly, although Davis was quite bad to be honest, he didn't need to buy someone.

instead of buying a defensive midfielder he should be looking at buying a top class centre forward
You don't need anyone. If I was him, I would buy Manuel Neuer, Joe Hart, Rene Adler, Hugo Lloris or David James (on loan or cheaply) as I don't really rate Gomes. His team would then be:
James
Kaboul - King/Woodgate - Dawson/Corluka - Bale/Assou-Ekotto
Sandro/Huddlestone/O'Hara
Lennon/Dos Santos/Bentley? - Palacios/O'Hara/Jenas/ - Dos Santos/Lennon/Oezil*
Gignac*/Crouch/Pavlyuchenko - Keane/Defoe/Dos Santos/Soldado*​
*Should buy him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back