West Ham - Seleção, Tiki Taka & Dragões [TOTAL FOOTBALL] 12.2.2

mully99

Reaction score
A three tactic pack - brilliant home and away! Even the best managers had a back-up plan...

Here is the league table - as it stands:

2py7x1y.png

Oh, to save any confusion, this was a network game with my brother playing as Blackpool - that is why they are highlighted.

Best HOME team:

2j2anp4.png

Best AWAY team:

k4dv08.png

The first tactic is based on the 1970 Seleção [Brazil]; this tactic combines fast free-flowing football [lots of passing and movement] with a high defensive line.

b4vwhc.png

I think that unlike most tactics, with little effort this one can be adjusted to suit your team and players.

GK - The better he is - the better you will do. In my experience, I would however suggest to look for a keeper with high aerial attributes as most goals I conceded weren't from open play but rather set pieces.

35clq4y.png

DR & DL - Modern day wing backs, designed to add width and numbers to attacks. For these guys you want players who are capable at defending but the necessity here is that they must like to venture forward - think Cafu and Carlos

DC- The Stopper; This guy is a rock and will clear any high balls in and around your area. Although agression and bravery are usually the "go to" attributes for this guy I can't stress enough how important Jumping and Heading is.

novdab.png

DC - Ball Playing - This guy will break up attacks but will also look to start them. Defensive attributes are key, but this guy is required to play a bit so will require passing as well. For me I had Abdoulaye Faye there and his was pretty sound - In an ideal world this is the sort of guy you are after:

33z438g.png

MC - Ball winner - Think Makelele, [a "water carrier"] this guy will rarely venture forward and will look to sit and hold his position; breaking up moves and playing simple passes to players nearby - Bouba "the Wardrobe" Diop played this role for me and was quietly efficient. This player will not get rave reviews, but is nevertheless perhaps one of the most important players.

MC - Box to Box - Required attributes passing, stamina, team work and work rate - this guy is the engine room of the midfield - required to both attack and defend. He doesn't necessarily have to be the most gifted player on the park but should be one of the harder working.

AMR - This guy is your typical winger. [head down and run] Ideally right footed. This guy will look to run into the channels with his defensive partner [DR] hugging the touchline and occupying the fullback. I have also on occasion changed this to [Inside Forward] with the player cutting inside - this has worked well and allows you to be flexible should you decide your winger is getting no joy.

AML - Inside Forward - With the way the formation is set up you can't really change this guy to a winger [at least I haven't] as he is designed to cut inside and join the lone striker. Perhaps your best bet here is a fast [right footed] striker who like to dribble with the ball.

t725vk.png

AMC - Whilst this guy should be a good passer he is by no mean the focal point of your attack, you won't use his as a playmaker as he is designed to drift between the oppositions midfield and defence, breaking into the box late-on to join attacks. I played Nolan here and whilst he scored quite a few in open play, most goals came from set pieces [I will explain in a minute]. This guy should be equally adept at passing and finishing.

14ik1av.png

ST - The lone forward. I had started with Carlton Cole here as a target man [support]; he worked well and despite not scoring as many himself brought others into the game. I have also on occasion played a poacher here. and found that to be just a useful.

NOTE: THESE TACTICS ARE PLUG AND PLAY... BUT SET PIECES WILL REQUIRE MINOR TWEAKING AS THEY ARE SUITED TO MY WEST HAM SIDE. Any questions just ask.

Set Pieces - This is important as you will look to bag major points here. Despite scoring over 70 goals in open play I had an incredible 30 or so goals from corners.

6zc01j.png

The key here is to have a decent corner taker [corners, crossing, technique], and a player with high attributes in heading, finishing, but perhaps the most important anticipation.

Match Prep - Teamwork [pre-season], Attacking Movement [all season], unless you find you are conceding to many set pieces switch to defending set pieces. A couple of days before a game I usually check who has scored the most corners ect... If the opposition are right up there - I will put it on defending set pieces.

Team Talks - No specific instructions here - all teams/ players respond differently - say whatever works best for you. One time I somehow angered the whole team at half time [whilst drawing] and they came out in the second half and absolutely whipped the opposition.

Pitch Size - Minimum

Now the other [Back-up] tactics.

First the Tiki Taka, taken from the Barcelona [06-present] style of play.

2945v0k.png

This tactic pretty much the same but looks to play a slower more methodical build-up. I haven't used this as much, but I think it is suited to playing better sides - might use it more when I go up.

Again you have FBs designed to attack, rather than sit and defend [think Dani Alves]. You have a DM [like the ball winner above] but this guy sits in front of the back four, rarely venturing forward. In front of him you have a box to box CM and an attacking CM - these two will be required to hold their position but join attacks [Xavi and Iniesta]. finally ahead of that we have a three-prong attack with a target man [perhaps a poacher - not tested though] and two inside forwards - for the IFs, if they are left-footed - play on the right, right-footed - on the left. These two are VERY important and will look to cut inside and join the lone forward. The wingers should be quick and good dribblers - finishing is a real bonus here. The ST should be your target man - the outlet [think Drogba in Chelsea's Champions League winning campaign]

And finally the Dragões [a great tactic to have in your locker should everything go to ****]

292pnk3.png

When I say that I mean, men being sent off; but this tactic can also be used to lock-up a one-nil win. Whenever I had men sent off [and I did] I would switch to this tactic to play a "waiting game" - you will look to sit and hold and counter at any given time. Taken from the Mourniho's Porto.

The FBs are very important here as they will be required to add width to the side [stamina and work rate is key]. The diamond in midfield can incorporate as many as three defensive-minded CMs. They key to the team here is the AMC - [the "Deco"] - this guy, when playing well, will be the difference between winning and losing. Ahead of him you will have a target man support or [DLF] who will look to sit a little deeper and a poacher or [advanced forward] who will look to get you goals on the break.

Again this hasn't been extensively tested but worked well whenever I lost a man or had to lock-up a difficult game.

v2s85g.png

Last edited:
Please upload on a different site as nobody can download the tactics

Thanks