LBond1

Reaction score
I really want to replicate the 41212 Narrow Diamond system West Ham are playing this year. I want to utilise Cresswell and Jenkinson for their attacking threat as well as bringing out the best in pacey creative players like Valencia and Zarate.

I am by no means an expert in creating tactics, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Adrian
GK (D)

Jenkinson -- Reid -- Tomkins -- Creswell
WB (S) -- CB (D) - CB (D) -- WB (S)

Kouyate
HB (D)
Noble ------ Song
RP (S) ------ BWM (D)
Morrison
SS (attack)

Sakho ------ Valencia
DF (S) ---------- T (attack)

If you want to use Zarate then he can play Tre up top as well. Although if you want to play both Valencia and Zarate, then maybe do Poacher on Zarate, and CF on Valencia.

As for instructions to get more out of the full backs use "look for overlap". You could always try setting them to attacking, but may be out of position too much. More direct passing, close down much more, stay on feet.

That's the best I can think of. Maybe a different role for the AM.

I would play Zarate as SS and Sakho has been banging them in for me, shame I can't win but I haven't used this tactic yet.

Adrian
GK (D)

Jenkinson -- Reid -- Tomkins -- Creswell
WB (S) -- CB (D) - CB (D) -- WB (S)

Kouyate
HB (D)
Noble ------ Song
RP (S) ------ BWM (D)
Morrison
SS (attack)

Sakho ------ Valencia
DF (S) ---------- T (attack)

If you want to use Zarate then he can play Tre up top as well. Although if you want to play both Valencia and Zarate, then maybe do Poacher on Zarate, and CF on Valencia.

As for instructions to get more out of the full backs use "look for overlap". You could always try setting them to attacking, but may be out of position too much. More direct passing, close down much more, stay on feet.

That's the best I can think of. Maybe a different role for the AM.

Thanks, I'll give this a try!

Am I right in saying a HB is someone that drops back into a more defensive position while the wing backs bomb forward, essentially making it a 3 at the back at times?

I was doing alright with 41221 and 4231 then my file corrupted and haven't played since.