Thefmgod

Reaction score
Hey, need a bit of help, heres my tatic (sometimes play target man)View attachment 462373

My defense keep laving huge gaps and my striker is ineffective all game? I am not great with tactics on this game as im confsed by the instructions screen, please help

I've found West Ham are a tough one this year again (just like last year where I found we were terrible to manage)

I'm currently using a 4-5-1 as my default tactic, Attacking or Counter mentality depending on if I feel I can beat the team or not and Fluid.

I've got this as my main side

Jussi (Normal goalkeeper, defend

Rat (Full Back, Support) Reid (Central Defender, Defend) Tomkins (Central Defender, Defend) O'Brien (Full Back, Support)

Noble (Regista, Support)
Diame or Collison (BWM, Defend) Nolan or Morrison (Advanced Playmaker, Attack)

Downing (Winger, Support) J.Cole (Winger, Support)

Petric (Poacher, Attack)

I tend to have starting team instructions of Retain Possession, Higher Tempo, Short Passing.

Then player instructions to pass short, close down more on a lot of the players, tight marking if they can have it too, as my aim is to win the ball back as quickly as possible, hold up ball on the attacking players that can have it to.

It worked fairly well in pre-season, the only game I lost was a 2-1 loss to Mallorca and that was when I started with another tactic and went 2-0 down before going back to the 4-5-1.

Season started and I've had a high and low already, opening day against Liverpool and won 3-0, 2 goals from Joey Cole and 1 from Reid from a corner. I was very much the dominant side against them, I opted for Counter as I was playing away from home, barely changed anything all game as it was working, although about 65 minutes in I opted for defensive. Then 2nd game of the season I came up against Spurs, a big game at home and I ended up losing 3-0, to be fair my tactic didn't work too well, went 1-0 down and Lamela was causing Rat a nightmare with his cutting in, although it was 1-0 until about 75 minutes in, then I tried to be ambitious and go more direct, I was overrun in midfield and conceded 2 more, so I don't think that was the tactic's fault, it was me trying to push for a draw as no one likes to lose to a rival. Will try and get a picture tonight. I do find though I'm using the Extended highlights on this game as so much seems to change mid game that I might miss on Key highlights this year.

I do have 2 more tactics set up but not 100% sure how good they will be as I haven't really used them, think one is a deep 4-2-3-1 and the other is my own attempt at the 4-6-0 that worked so well at Spurs in real life, with a holding midfielder, 2 centre mids and 3 attacking mids, but again not sure on if the player instructions/team instructions, will try and get another picture.

Have to admit though, I'm preferring 14 to 13 already, seems much simpler to make a team at least try to play how you want them to, I just need to work on Opposition instructions I think to just show people onto their weaker foot/tackle hard. Currently I just let Assistant Manager Neil McDonald do this, but I feel it failed with Lamela and Chadli, who seemed to have too much space.

Please help im using this tactic but leaking goals and cant score. I dont know if i have the right player instructions

Help please

Apart from telling my fullbacks to get forward more I haven't used any instructions.

Could be to do with training, I train defending and defending set pieces for harder games and attacking + attacking set pieces for easier games.

Or it could be your strategy, in my first season i was alternating between attacking and counter, but in my second season, where i have been far more successful I've just used standard.

I've found West Ham are a tough one this year again (just like last year where I found we were terrible to manage)

I'm currently using a 4-5-1 as my default tactic, Attacking or Counter mentality depending on if I feel I can beat the team or not and Fluid.

Jussi (Normal goalkeeper, defend

Rat (Full Back, Support) Reid (Central Defender, Defend) Tomkins (Central Defender, Defend) O'Brien (Full Back, Support)

Noble (Regista, Support)
Diame or Collison (BWM, Defend) Nolan or Morrison (Advanced Playmaker, Attack)

Downing (Winger, Support) J.Cole (Winger, Support)

Petric (Poacher, Attack)

I tend to have starting team instructions of Retain Possession, Higher Tempo, Short Passing.

Then player instructions to pass short, close down more on a lot of the players, tight marking if they can have it too, as my aim is to win the ball back as quickly as possible, hold up ball on the attacking players that can have it to.

It worked fairly well in pre-season, the only game I lost was a 2-1 loss to Mallorca and that was when I started with another tactic and went 2-0 down before going back to the 4-5-1.

Season started and I've had a high and low already, opening day against Liverpool and won 3-0, 2 goals from Joey Cole and 1 from Reid from a corner. I was very much the dominant side against them, I opted for Counter as I was playing away from home, barely changed anything all game as it was working, although about 65 minutes in I opted for defensive. Then 2nd game of the season I came up against Spurs, a big game at home and I ended up losing 3-0, to be fair my tactic didn't work too well, went 1-0 down and Lamela was causing Rat a nightmare with his cutting in, although it was 1-0 until about 75 minutes in, then I tried to be ambitious and go more direct, I was overrun in midfield and conceded 2 more, so I don't think that was the tactic's fault, it was me trying to push for a draw as no one likes to lose to a rival. Will try and get a picture tonight. I do find though I'm using the Extended highlights on this game as so much seems to change mid game that I might miss on Key highlights this year.

I do have 2 more tactics set up but not 100% sure how good they will be as I haven't really used them, think one is a deep 4-2-3-1 and the other is my own attempt at the 4-6-0 that worked so well at Spurs in real life, with a holding midfielder, 2 centre mids and 3 attacking mids, but again not sure on if the player instructions/team instructions, will try and get another picture.

Have to admit though, I'm preferring 14 to 13 already, seems much simpler to make a team at least try to play how you want them to, I just need to work on Opposition instructions I think to just show people onto their weaker foot/tackle hard. Currently I just let Assistant Manager Neil McDonald do this, but I feel it failed with Lamela and Chadli, who seemed to have too much space.
Great answer, team move the ball alot more around compared to be doing wing play, still though however, defense leave gaps too much and I'm punished once again. went 1-0 down to Norwich, came straight back. Went 2-1 Norwich, came back and then managed to take advantage and score 2 and made it 3-2, then we go dominated and the defense just opened and Norwich scored in the 90th, need to win games or could be in for a hard run at the end trying to avoid the bottom

I'm going to try making a copy of my 4-5-1, exact same but as a 4-1-4-1 I think. Personally I feel that way I have 2 versions of my main tactic, the 4-1-4-1 will be for when I can't see me getting much of the ball need to be careful defensively, this is all what I'm basing from how Tottenham played against me, I felt that Lamela just had it too easy on the right of midfield against Rat, so hopefully this 4-1-4-1 will be my defensive tactic.

I then may scarp my 4-6-0 and 4-2-3-1 and attempt to make some new form of 4-4-2 but not sure where I will start yet!

I'm going to try making a copy of my 4-5-1, exact same but as a 4-1-4-1 I think. Personally I feel that way I have 2 versions of my main tactic, the 4-1-4-1 will be for when I can't see me getting much of the ball need to be careful defensively, this is all what I'm basing from how Tottenham played against me, I felt that Lamela just had it too easy on the right of midfield against Rat, so hopefully this 4-1-4-1 will be my defensive tactic.

I then may scarp my 4-6-0 and 4-2-3-1 and attempt to make some new form of 4-4-2 but not sure where I will start yet!
Think I will go down that route again, not won in almost 2 months, 9 points from the drop.

Here's my main tactic, would put all the player instructions but there a few pictures so will summarise it!

View attachment 401715

Player instructions are
GK - Take Quick Throws
FB's - Close Down More, Pass it shorter
CD - Pass shorter, close down more and mark tighter
DM - Pass shorter, Close Down more
BWM - Pass shorter, mark tigher, shoot less often
AP - Pass shorter, close down more, roam from position
AML - Pass shorter, stay wide, hold up ball
AMR, pass shorter, roam, hold up
ST - pass shorter, mark tighter

Here's my main tactic, would put all the player instructions but there a few pictures so will summarise it!

View attachment 401715

Player instructions are
GK - Take Quick Throws
FB's - Close Down More, Pass it shorter
CD - Pass shorter, close down more and mark tighter
DM - Pass shorter, Close Down more
BWM - Pass shorter, mark tigher, shoot less often
AP - Pass shorter, close down more, roam from position
AML - Pass shorter, stay wide, hold up ball
AMR, pass shorter, roam, hold up
ST - pass shorter, mark tighter
says link is invalid?

says link is invalid?
Weird it's working for me on my PC and laptop. I will summarise.

GK - Defend
Both Full Backs - Support
Central Defenders - Defend
Regista - Support
Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Wingers - Support
Poacher - Attack

Currently my squad due to injuries is

Jussi
O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Rat
Noble
Collison, Nolan
J.Cole, Downing
Petric.

Team instructions

Mentality - Attacking
Fluidity - Fluid

Shorter Passing
Higher Tempo
Hassle Opponents

Weird it's working for me on my PC and laptop. I will summarise.

GK - Defend
Both Full Backs - Support
Central Defenders - Defend
Regista - Support
Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Wingers - Support
Poacher - Attack

Currently my squad due to injuries is

Jussi
O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Rat
Noble