Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

West Ham to miss out on O'Neill

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Martin O'Neill rules himself out of the running to become West Ham's new manager, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Reaction score
good, he would never of got on with the hiaracey at West Ham anyway. They will proberly get big Sam insted.

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Didn't see that one coming at all...

O'Neill's no fool. He's a ******, but he's no fool.

Staff member
Reaction score
Good G+S should stop shooting the managers, realise its the players who are largely to blame, stop talking big about ridiculous names, get a proper striker, and shut the **** up in the media and let Grant get on with the job

D

Deleted member 79730

Allardyce guarrentees 1 thing and thats premierleague status. if that sucks then what is this world coming too.
I just cant stand him, hes a **** and he plays shocking football. He does average wherever he goes bar Bolton.

Reaction score
I just cant stand him, hes a **** and he plays shocking football. He does average wherever he goes bar Bolton.
West Ham would celebrate in the streets for average right about now, in my eyes it would be a fantastic appointment for them! They need stability!

Reaction score
His tactics are hard to love, but you can't deny they're effective. Same with Aidy Hoofroyd.

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Big Sam is a douche. Only good for teams with hardly any fans to get ****** off, and a **** transfer budget. ...

West Ham suits him then :p

Staff member
Reaction score
His tactics are hard to love, but you can't deny they're effective. Same with Aidy Hoofroyd.
Agreed, West Ham cant afford to be fussy, relegation would totally cripple them

Reaction score
What people also need to realise is, for Mr Sullivan & Gold, they are only owners of West Ham to gain profit, by keeping the club stable in the Premier League, they will not aspire to go any further!!

They are businessmen that is as far as the romance goes, if they can sustain Premier League status for seasons to come, and possibly gain the use of the Olympic stadium, selling off Upton Park land for a massively tidy sum, there job will be done.

Big Sam fits this bill.