Reaction score
Need some suggestion for West Ham second season

Backup Goalkeeper
First team right back
and a centre back , Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Still in February of my first season just planning for next season.

Im about 10 or so years in with West Ham now.

My second season transfers where: Paloschi, Jenkinson, Victor Moses (Loan), Siem De Jong, Frederik Sorensen, Nicola Leali, Eduardo Vargas, Jordon Cousins, Anderson, Tyrone Mings, Adam Lallana and Marouane Fellaini.

Out of them Sorensen and Leali are two you should definitly go for. Both available for free transfers. And after 10 years in charge, I have only just sold both of them.

Im about 10 or so years in with West Ham now.

My second season transfers where: Paloschi, Jenkinson, Victor Moses (Loan), Siem De Jong, Frederik Sorensen, Nicola Leali, Eduardo Vargas, Jordon Cousins, Anderson, Tyrone Mings, Adam Lallana and Marouane Fellaini.

Out of them Sorensen and Leali are two you should definitly go for. Both available for free transfers. And after 10 years in charge, I have only just sold both of them.

How have you been getting on with them and what tactic did you use mate ?

If you can afford him, I'd suggest for DC is Vallejo. Has the potential to become world class and usually available for under 1m at the start. Another guy you can look for at ST is Luka Jovic. An investment for the future but usually available for under 1m as well and is a wonderkid.

Outside of that check out who the best loannees available are, and offer to give them key player status.
Fullbacks are usually expensive and hard to find good ones. If you don't have a lot of money I'd try to loan one out. However if you have some cash to splash you can look at a few guys at RB such as Aurier, Peruzzi, Corchia, etc.

How have you been getting on with them and what tactic did you use mate ?

Apart from Leali and Sorensen they didnt stay around for long mate. Was just getting the best I could in on limited resources. Probably had a season or 2 with them players in, playing a 4-1-2-2-1. (1DM, 2CM, 2W, 1ST)

Paloschi was lethal for 2 season up top on his own, as was Lallana on the left wing. Fellaini was brilliant in one of CM roles as well.

For the couple of years I had them players we managed 2 successive top 5 finishes. But due to better finances I quickly upgraded.

In 2024, my team is mainly regens I think, bar Roberts, Goretzk, Martial and Berardi.

Although I have kept Poyet, Cresswell, Tomkins and Noble (retiring this season), just for sentimental value

Apart from Leali and Sorensen they didnt stay around for long mate. Was just getting the best I could in on limited resources. Probably had a season or 2 with them players in, playing a 4-1-2-2-1. (1DM, 2CM, 2W, 1ST)

Paloschi was lethal for 2 season up top on his own, as was Lallana on the left wing. Fellaini was brilliant in one of CM roles as well.

For the couple of years I had them players we managed 2 successive top 5 finishes. But due to better finances I quickly upgraded.

In 2024, my team is mainly regens I think, bar Roberts, Goretzk, Martial and Berardi.

Although I have kept Poyet, Cresswell, Tomkins and Noble (retiring this season), just for sentimental value

Have you started a West Ham league and sold players for decent money 1st season ?

Right back: Allan Nyom or Micah Richards.

Centre back: Balanta, Schar, Strandberg, Banggaard.

Back up keeper: Marcus Bettinelli.