West Ham United- The next big thing from England?

Thefmgod

Reaction score
West Ham United
View attachment 239221
I am back with another Football manager story, with a club that is very close to my heart. West Ham, its quite late on to be throwing a story out there for you guys, but with West ham pulling off some impressive signings, European football and the Olympic stadium, I could not resist, could I?
Club History
Now if you do watch English football, which i'm guessing most of you do, you will know, well. We are not very good, but that's about to change! I will provide a screenshot showing the history(trust me it is not going to take you long to take it in)
View attachment 239220
Wasn't lying was I?
The Tactic
The Tactic, the most important bit, I will be trying to replicate a formation that worked well up until December 2014 in real life after Ex boss Big Sam decided we was best suited for a very poor finish to the season. You will also see a quick mock up of my team I believe i will use quite a lot.
View attachment 239219
The Key man
Every team has that one player that just makes it tick, and ours is no doubt going to be new signing Dimitri Payet. Payet joined in the summer of 2015 in real life, and if he can replicate anything like he did in the French league, we will be laughing.
View attachment 239218
Also if you are not too familiar with how it works at west ham, you get a team, a result, anything really and something ruins it, and it didn't take long for the real 'West Ham Way' to kick in. Who ever said managing this club was easy?
View attachment 239217
So, this is it, I have played forward a couple of weeks and will provide an update tomorrow including transfers and a couple of results from our European games. Come on you Irons.

Finally...a West Ham story.

This FM especially, West Ham have a fantastic team with a lot of quality younger players!

With having Payet in your squad, are you using Marshall's update or did you just use the editor yourself to put him into your team?

I knew I would somehow miss out something important. Yes I am using the new Marshall's which came with a very nice budget and some upgrades to youth players like Reece Oxford. However in the Marshall update, Downing was still at West ham and Lanzini was not there on loan so I quickly changed that myself personally, sorry guys should of put this in original post!
Finally...a West Ham story.

This FM especially, West Ham have a fantastic team with a lot of quality younger players!

With having Payet in your squad, are you using Marshall's update or did you just use the editor yourself to put him into your team?

Good luck with your save my friend !! Being in year 2025 now and I am in my third year as a West Ham Manager. The team looks pretty solid (3rd place in Premier League so far) and I am about to celebrate my first tittle (capital cup) as manager of the Hammers ! Reece Oxford has become a beast and my advice is to stick with him !! If you want any screenshots I 'll be more than glad to help you !!!

Hello mate, would you mind showing me some screenshots of Oxford, Howes, Burke and Ingram. Just loaded up to do an update later and seen them 4 all have amazing potential. Would be a real help!
Good luck with your save my friend !! Being in year 2025 now and I am in my third year as a West Ham Manager. The team looks pretty solid (3rd place in Premier League so far) and I am about to celebrate my first tittle (capital cup) as manager of the Hammers ! Reece Oxford has become a beast and my advice is to stick with him !! If you want any screenshots I 'll be more than glad to help you !!!

Europe and transfers

View attachment 238976
In this rather short and well good update I will be telling you on current transfers and our results in the Qualifying rounds.

The Games

So Europe. I was quite worried about these games because when I had gone into the first game, most of the players were on 60-70% fitness including the youth squad because I smarty played a friendly game 8 days before. But we played well in all of our games really. 5 wins and 1 draw away to Aberdeen which we was actually 2-0 down but managed to bring it back level courtesy of a Mark Noble effort from outside the box. Made me laugh because if you watched West Ham last night you would know West ham was 2-0 up at home to Astra and drew 2-2, its not fun supporting West Ham. But other then that we played well in all of them games.
View attachment 238975

Key player so far
So I thought I would talk about a player that's stood out for me in these games, and that man is Aaron Cresswell.
Aaron managed to open it up down the left hand side constantly and whip in some very impressive crosses for our front men, not to add his dead balls are second to none getting himself an impressive 2 assists in 3.
View attachment 238974

Transfers
The transfers, which players can come in and add that special something to take us onto bigger and better things. I started with an extremely pleasing budget of £18 Million so I knew I could get some good players in.

Ravel Morrison
I know you might be thinking, how have you got him when he plays for Lazio? Well, when I started he came under a free agent and on his player history nothing shows up about Lazio. I could not turn down Ravel if I am honest, young, talented, quick on his feet for a free you can never go wrong. However, its not all good for Ravel as on his debut(if you can call it that I am as confused as you guys) He managed to pick up a 4 month injury.
View attachment 238973

Balanta
Balanta, the Colombian defender is an absolute bargain and I know depth is very important so knowing Eder can come in and play across the back 4 and a holding role in defensive mid meant the £5 Million price tag is going to be money very well spent.
View attachment 238970

Carlos Fierro
Again, another player well known for his goal scoring abilities at a young age and potential. I paid £6.5 million for the young Mexican who will provide a good service off the bench seems to be a good buy.
View attachment 238968

Mayke
The Brazilian wing back came in at the most expensive buy of the window costing us £11.75 Million, most of it going through installments I feel, ever with Jenkinson we need someone who is permanent and we are not worried about losing in the future, another young talent.
View attachment 238967

Thomas Carroll
This one people may not be too sure about, Thomas joins for a hefty fee of £10 Million, £5 Million will be paid in installments to west ham rivals Spurs, young, English and adds depth to a key position, I think it can work well.
View attachment 238966

Ins and Outs
All the ins and outs can be found here, we had 2 players leave the club as well as one player come in on loan, he has not played hence why I have not wrote about him!
View attachment 238965

Summary
Well I am happy with our games so far and the quality of player brought in, I am more then likely to do another transfer round up in the next update when we play our first few games of the new Premier League as well as a playoff game in Europe. It starts from here.
Come on you Irons.

Last edited:
Not sure I will get another update out tonight, if I do it will be very late!

August 2014
View attachment 238511
August, the start of the new season, adding the final touches to teams for the road ahead, lets see how we do.

Europa
Its probably best to start with the competition we have been focused on most, we had to go into a play off game which we went on to win fairly comfortably 3-0 away from home with a Mauro Zarate brace and a Valencia header to see us more then likely book our place in the group stages, although we suffered a draw in the next game, we went through with ease. This group could of been a lot easier mind.
View attachment 238509

The start of the Premier League
The premier league, with all its glory and money is one of the most watched leagues in the world, so we know we have to pick up points early on if we are to be serious threat to the big boys. 3 games all on TV away to both Sunderland and Villa and a big match at home to Liverpool, we knew it would not be easy.
View attachment 238508

POTM
Something I did a lot in an old story would be to pick out who I thought was my stand out player in the played games, and the first award goes to Poyet. The 19 year old Spanish born CDM has had to fill that role in search of an experienced player to come in, but with age and potential on his side, whats stopping this young man being the key to our defensive work?
View attachment 238507

Competition Summary
With the club competing in 4 trophies this year, its important for us to remain confident in every single one. Currently sitting in a decent 8th spot in the premier league and into the group stages of the Europa league, we also manged to get a tricky side in the League cup, premier league side Watford will be coming to Upton park as we hope to push on for trophy success this season.
View attachment 238506

Hey guys, if you have any suggestions I could do to improve my layout, anything at all please do say!

Hello mate, would you mind showing me some screenshots of Oxford, Howes, Burke and Ingram. Just loaded up to do an update later and seen them 4 all have amazing potential. Would be a real help!

I will post them today later on because I was away for the weekend . Feel free to ask any other player you want!

Europe and transfers

View attachment 920417
In this rather short and well good update I will be telling you on current transfers and our results in the Qualifying rounds.

The Games

So Europe. I was quite worried about these games because when I had gone into the first game, most of the players were on 60-70% fitness including the youth squad because I smarty played a friendly game 8 days before. But we played well in all of our games really. 5 wins and 1 draw away to Aberdeen which we was actually 2-0 down but managed to bring it back level courtesy of a Mark Noble effort from outside the box. Made me laugh because if you watched West Ham last night you would know West ham was 2-0 up at home to Astra and drew 2-2, its not fun supporting West Ham. But other then that we played well in all of them games.
View attachment 920419

Key player so far
So I thought I would talk about a player that's stood out for me in these games, and that man is Aaron Cresswell.
Aaron managed to open it up down the left hand side constantly and whip in some very impressive crosses for our front men, not to add his dead balls are second to none getting himself an impressive 2 assists in 3.
View attachment 920421

Transfers
The transfers, which players can come in and add that special something to take us onto bigger and better things. I started with an extremely pleasing budget of £18 Million so I knew I could get some good players in.

Ravel Morrison
I know you might be thinking, how have you got him when he plays for Lazio? Well, when I started he came under a free agent and on his player history nothing shows up about Lazio. I could not turn down Ravel if I am honest, young, talented, quick on his feet for a free you can never go wrong. However, its not all good for Ravel as on his debut(if you can call it that I am as confused as you guys) He managed to pick up a 4 month injury.
View attachment 920422

Balanta
Balanta, the Colombian defender is an absolute bargain and I know depth is very important so knowing Eder can come in and play across the back 4 and a holding role in defensive mid meant the £5 Million price tag is going to be money very well spent.
View attachment 920430

Carlos Fierro
Again, another player well known for his goal scoring abilities at a young age and potential. I paid £6.5 million for the young Mexican who will provide a good service off the bench seems to be a good buy.
View attachment 920433

Mayke
The Brazilian wing back came in at the most expensive buy of the window costing us £11.75 Million, most of it going through installments I feel, ever with Jenkinson we need someone who is permanent and we are not worried about losing in the future, another young talent.
View attachment 920435

Thomas Carroll
This one people may not be too sure about, Thomas joins for a hefty fee of £10 Million, £5 Million will be paid in installments to west ham rivals Spurs, young, English and adds depth to a key position, I think it can work well.
View attachment 920437

Ins and Outs
All the ins and outs can be found here, we had 2 players leave the club as well as one player come in on loan, he has not played hence why I have not wrote about him!
View attachment 920438

Summary
Well I am happy with our games so far and the quality of player brought in, I am more then likely to do another transfer round up in the next update when we play our first few games of the new Premier League as well as a playoff game in Europe. It starts from here.
Come on you Irons.

Some very nice transfers you got there !! Well done my friend !

September 2014
View attachment 238198
Points on the board are important early on, lets hope we can get some key wins!

The Games
We had 3 league games and 2 cup ones in September with the hope of picking up wins in all.
We start with a painful loss away to Rubin Kazan. Valencia put us 1-0 up just before the break but two goals in 3 minutes for Rubin saw them pick up the 3 points in the group, not great when we need to be winning as many as possible in an already difficult group.
View attachment 238195

We then move on to much better news in the League cup were we got a very comfortable 2-0 win at home to strong premier league side Watford. Goals from Valencia in both half's of football saw the end to a perfect game of football for the hammers.
View attachment 238194

And we finish with 3 good premier league results picking up 7 points, a hectic 12 minutes between West ham and Palace saw 3 goals, two of which came to the hammers with Reid and Payet sealing a victory. Ex west ham boy Chamakh got on the score sheet for palace.
View attachment 238192

Our journeys then took us to one of the hardest places you can go. Stoke away, intimidating, but not impossible to win at. We played the more dominant game with wonderkid Carlos Fierro getting in on the action in the 5th. Into the second half and a Mark noble penalty put us 2-0 to the good. However, things are never easy at west ham and stoke pulled one back soon after. But once again, Fierro pounced on a chance in the 85th to all but seal a victory, a goal in the 91st wants enough for stoke and west ham come away with a very good away win.
View attachment 238189

Our last game of the month saw us take on new comers Bournemouth. But in true West ham style it finished 0-0 with neither side creating good chances, bore draw.
View attachment 238187
Here are all the games
View attachment 238185
POTM
My player of the month goes to the man who scored in all the cup games, Enner Valencia. Not found his legs in the premier league, but with goals coming out his ears in the cups. Its only a matter of time.
View attachment 238182

Competition summary
With our progress into the next round of the League cup we get a massive game against rivals Spurs with the fans wanting nothing less then a win, sitting outside of the top two in Europe is worrying but I have faith it can be turned around. Also moving up to 3rd in the league, whats stopping us aiming even higher?
View attachment 238181

I am very very excited !! Managed to win the league and I will face Man Utd in the European Champions League final ! Wish you live the same success with your save mate !! I also have one advice , try using 3-1-4-2 formation. Doing wonders for me. If you want I can post screenshot with the tactic !

October 2014
View attachment 237404
Half way through the Europa League group games and some very tricky premier league games, October was always going to be hard!

Europa League
So we had Hajduk at home then Fiorentina away and knew wins in both were really needed.
We start with the easiest opponents in our group Hajduk from Croatia and an early goal from Fierro in the 7th minute was all there was to the game! we attacked and attacked but could not find a second. A wins a win, and a good one at that!
View attachment 237402

Fiorentina away. We knew that this would be a game to really challenge us and we was not wrong, Fiorentina bombarded us in the first team and got their reward a minute into added time in the 45th, half time, 1-0 down and we need a win. And the boys knew that and we came out the second half looks twice he side Fiorentina did. Fierro picked up the ball played a a nice pass to Valencia who slotted Fierro back in leveled it up in the 66th, shortly after Valencia was causing more problems as he hit the floor in the 75th for a penalty! Mr West Ham mark noble struck the ball in right in front of the away end, after a nervy 15 minutes the ref blew and we came away with a massive away win!
View attachment 237399

Premier League
Games against Watford Leicecster and Man city, we should be aiming for minimum 6 points.
Watford away first up and well, we crumbled, after winning in Europe we traveled to watford and managed to lose 3-0 to a Vydra brace and a Deeney finish. The west ham way.
View attachment 237397
After a disaster at Watford we came up against Leicester
and all the action came in the first half. A very impressive double from Carroll and a consolation from Nugent saw us pick up a win and to move on from the disaster a week before.
View attachment 237396
Man city away proved out to what everyone expected, a game we would not do much in and no doubt be shown how to play football, 2 goals from Bony saw us come away from Manchester very disappointed.
View attachment 237395

League Cup
A big game against rivals Spurs is a match the fans want to win just for the bragging rights in the office the next day more then anything else. And we surely did that! Spurs caused a few problems but a screamer from Valencia followed by a Payet tap in saw us 2-0 up at the break, Valencia didn't stop there and picked up his second in the 52nd to see us pick up a massive win and to move onto the next round. Good luck next time Spurs who we play in the league that up coming sunday.
View attachment 237394

Competition Summary
So with progress in the cup, back to back wins in Europe and a poor performance back home in the League saw us have an average month, sitting 6th in the league is still very nice to look at mind.
View attachment 237393

Hi everyone, I am currently away now for a couple of days so can not post screenshots, I will when i'm back, sunday/saturday

feedback

Hi everyone, I am currently away now for a couple of days so can not post screenshots, I will when i'm back, sunday/saturday

Would love to know how you are getting on now?

Would love to know how you are getting on now?
Sorry, laptop and work struck me back and have not really played FM since, I did manage to get champions league mind! May do one of these on 16