Klobo

Reaction score
Decided to get back into LLM. Gone for a team I have never tried with before. The media are predicting a 20th placed finish in the BBS. Transfer money is zilch and wage budget is very tight. Im trying to free up some extra money for wages by getting high earners to take big pay cuts in exchange for signing on fees. So far I have mainly strengthened the defence and signed:

Cian Hughton (free)
Aaron Morris (loan - Cardiff)
Stephen Caffrey (free)
David Fairclough (free)
John O'Hara (free)

I have just played the matches to the end of August and we have had a excellent start to the season playing a 4-1-3-2 formation. Results were

Weston Super Mare 1-0 Northwich (Wells)
Worcester 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Mullings, Caffrey)
Weston Super Mare 3-2 Bromley (Brown, Mullings)
Lewes 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Partridge, Wells)
Weston Super Mare 0-1 Eastleigh

Seems promising. Good set of results. I used them before, got to Coca Cola League 1 and then FM09 was released, so they, along with FM 08, got forgotten about. I'll keep an eye on this one, best of luck

September:
Two more arrivals and 1 departure have brought an end to my spending, possibly for the season unless finances improve. Attacking midfielder Alan Kirby and striker David Hutton have both joined on free transfers, while James Palmer left to join Barry. After a shaky start to the month which saw the us crash out of the Setanta Shield at the first hurdle, results picked up.

Weston Super Mare 1-2 Northwich (Kirby) - Setanta Shield
Bishop Stortford 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Mullings, Hutton) - League
Dorchester 1-4 Weston Super Mare (Brown, Caffrey, Kirby, Morris) - League
Weston Super Mare 3-1 Thurrock (Hutton (2), Caffrey) - League
Weston Super Mare 1-0 Dover (Mullings) FA Cup 2nd Q Round

In other news:
Weston Super Mare will play either Chippenham or Dartford in the next round of the FA Cup.

And finally:
The race is on to become the clubs all time top goal scorer. With Stuart Slaters all time record being just 15, chances are it will be broken before the end of the season. Currently leading the race are Mullings and Hutton with 4 goals apiece this season.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

October:
Weston Super Mare fans could not have asked for any more from the team this month. Played 6, Won 6! The great run has seen them open up a 7 point lead at the top of the table. Results were:

Bognor Regis 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Mullings (2)) - League
Chippenham 0-1 Weston Super Mare (Caffrey) - FA Cup 3rd Q Round
Weston Super Mare 3-0 Hampton & Richmond (Tanner O.G, Mullings, Caffrey) - League
Maidenhead 0-1 Weston Super Mare (Hutton) - League
Chipstead 0-2 Weston Super Mare (Brown (2)) - FA Cup 4th Q Round
Weston Super Mare 2-0 Welling (Hutton, Comyn-Platt) - League

The club have an excellent chance to progress into the 2nd round of the FA Cup after being drawn against minnows Oxford City in the first round.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

November:
Another solid month, not quite as good as October, but some more good results, finishing up with an FA Cup 2nd round defeat to Rotherham.

Newport County 2-1 Weston Super Mare (Hutton) - League
Weston Super Mare 2-1 Oxford City (Kirby, Hutton) - FA Cup 1st Round
Braintree 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Morris, Fairclough) - League
Weston Super Mare 1-0 Bognor Regis (Brown) - FA Trophy 3rd Q Round
Weston Super Mare 0-0 Chelmsford - League
Rotherham 3-0 Weston Super Mare - FA Cup 2nd Round

darren mullings he was shocking when he palyed for torquay last year

He has been one of the best performers of in my team this season. 7 goals in 22 appearances from midfield. Maybe he has found his level lol

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

December:

Weston Super Mare 2-0 Team Bath (Mullings, Caffrey) - League
St. Albans 2-3 Weston Super Mare (Wells, Brown, Partridge) - League
Ebbsfleet United 2-2 Weston Super Mare (Mullings (2)) - FA Trophy 1st Round
Weston Super Mare 2-3 Ebbsfleet United (Mullings (2)) - FA Trophy 1st Round Replay
Fisher 2-0 Weston Super Mare - League
Weston Super Mare 2-0 Basingstoke (Brown (2)) - League

Its called !4-1-3-2 Attacking. It was in the group of the tactics that are in the TTF09 guide in the tactics download section.

ok dokies cna u send me the link where i can downlaod it please

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=139

If you download it, it has a 50 page guide to everything to do with tactics and has loads of tactics files if you extract them to your tactics folder

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

January:

I nearly cried during the game with Bromley. Was 1-0 down and was down to 9 men when I grabbed an equaliser. I then could not believe it when I had a third man sent off with 10 minutes to go, but thought I had pulled off a unbelievable result, when, 3 minutes into stoppage time Bromley steal a winner. I was heart broken!! lol

Havant & Waterlooville 1-1 Weston Super Mare (Kirby) - League
Northwich Victoria 0-2 Weston Super Mare (Hutton, Holgate) - League
Weston Super Mare 0-2 Worcester - League
Bromley 2-1 Weston Super Mare (Morris) - League
Eastleigh 0-1 Weston Super Mare (Brown) - League

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

February:

Been a tough month. As with most of the games i have played, once I get to the business end of the season my teams form just nose dives.

Weston Super Mare 0-0 Lewes - League
Weston Super Mare 0-2 Bishop Stortford - League
Bath 1-0 Weston Super Mare - League
Weston Super Mare 1-1 Dorchester (Brown) - League
Thurrock 1-2 Weston Super Mare (Kirby, Hutton) - League

Despite the poor run of form, I still sit top of the table, 2 points clear of second place Thurrock, and 3 points clear of 3rd place Chelmsford

Weston Super Mare lose play-off final

After their second place finish in the Conference South, Weston Super Mare made it through to the play off final with a thumping 6-0 aggregate victory of Bromley. Sadly the club narrowly missed out on a place in the Blue Square Premier, losing 1-0 to Chelmsford, who won it with a goal in the second half of extra time, after the game finished 0-0 at 90 minutes.

Weston Super Mare announce the signing of Geoff Horsfield on a 1 year contract

Weston Super Mare fail to win promotion from the play-offs for second season in a row. After losing the final last season, Super-Mare lost 3-2 on aggregate in the semi finals to Bath City and will face a 3rd season in BSS

Breaking News:

Weston Super Mare chariman Paul Bliss looking to stand aside....

It has been confirmed that the club are in negotiations with current director Ryan Pitman over a possible £55,000 sale of the club.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:37 PM ----------

After a long on-off deal, the proposed takeover of Weston Super Mare has collapsed. It has been confirmed however that chairman Paul Bliss is looking to stand aside at the earliest opportunity.

Last edited: