04lcrost

Reaction score
So I'm Barcelona and just got to the end of December in 2017. I'm 5 point clear of Madrid and have been very conservative since day one in spending. Picking up quality young players for cheap prices.

Messi, Suarez and Pique are now all 30 years old...

Messi has just dislocated his shoulder so is at for 4 months and is becoming very injury prone.

At what age do you tend to sell your superstars to get best dollar but without damaging champions league hopes etc.

I have a current transfer budget of £266m and Wage Budget of 5.5 mil due to being so tight on wage and transfer spending.

id sell pique but thats about it, Messi/Suarez should still be as good 33/34.

Don't sell club legends. Selling Messi is just a bad idea. Even if he is past his prime physically you will still be able to use him well into his 30s. Just move him to a central more static role and let him use his mental and technical skills. Will probably also be handy in developing his replacement.

Pique and Suarez, go ahead and sell them at like 32. Depending on how they're physical stats start to decrease they should still be very useful up until then.

I sell at 29 before they start declining but keep the long serving club heroes

Agreed with Alienman, never sell club legends, let alone one who has never played for another club. I know it's just a game but it's also nice to be able to build a history and family around your club rather than just running it as a business.

Agreed with Alienman, never sell club legends, let alone one who has never played for another club. I know it's just a game but it's also nice to be able to build a history and family around your club rather than just running it as a business.

The fans hate it as well. And keeping your fans happy is important even if you are Barcelona, which is one of the lest challenging teams to manage in FM.

I would still sell Pique as he gets slower and slower so your better getting some decent money for him and replacing with someone younger and almost as good but the potential to be the same if not better, agree with the other lads on the Messi/Suarez situation, they are two players who should not leave, same goes for Neymar if you get that far :)