What am I doing wrong in the championship

Xmorkx

Reaction score
I have taken Cambridge United from the blue Square Premier right through to the championship with back-to-back successive promotions. However my first season I managed to only get three wins in the championship and got relegated with only 25 points. The following season I've got promptly promoted straight back top of the league with only two defeats. Yet again I'm starting in the championship and losing almost every match. My first season in the championship I tried quite a defensive FourFourTwo Now I'm sticking with the tactics that have got me to the championship But both have failed big-time. Has anybody got any advice of how I can get some wins in the championship Or am I destined to be a yo-yo club

I have taken Cambridge United from the blue Square Premier right through to the championship with back-to-back successive promotions. However my first season I managed to only get three wins in the championship and got relegated with only 25 points. The following season I've got promptly promoted straight back top of the league with only two defeats. Yet again I'm starting in the championship and losing almost every match. My first season in the championship I tried quite a defensive FourFourTwo Now I'm sticking with the tactics that have got me to the championship But both have failed big-time. Has anybody got any advice of how I can get some wins in the championship Or am I destined to be a yo-yo club

Really hard to say without any more facts.

- Are you players of Championship quality ?
-Do you have any real weaknesses that these better opponents are likely to exploit
- Does your approach suit the players given that they now will face tougher opponents more likely to attack you ?
- What IS your approach. ?

I'm going to presume a few things just because of your back-to-back promotions.
Firstly you're not a rich club in the slightly so a lot of free players, loans and cheap deals brought in meaning your players wont be the best quality.
You'd have brought in quite a few players too, firstly to improve the team as the leagues improve and to keep squad depth up.

Going of those two your team will first be weaker than most others and will be a little disorganized with a lot of new players coming in all the time.

Championship is a pretty strong league for a newly promoted club so I wouldn't worry about it a huge amount, just go through your squad and highlight any real weakpoints your team has. Playing counter attacking 541 with wing-backs is something I usually do when I'm using a weaker team in a tough league.