What am I doing wrong with managing Blackpool at the moment??

Sorry I don't mean that, I mean your Team Instructions on the Tactics screen

try a 4-4-2
have the backl ine like it is have 2 defensive midfielder's a right midfielder and a left midfielder just above the half way line and 2 strikers like

__________________________________ Kingson
Yakubu__________________ evatt_____________________ song_________________ sylvihno

adam__________________________________vaughan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taylor Fletcher
or Grandin ________________________________________________________________reid

Beattie_______________________________Campbell

the --------- is the half way line

Last edited:
Mate you have to change your formation, way too offensive and will tired your players out. Change to a 4-4-2 mentality rigid counter. Keep all your backline set to 'defence' and sign 2 ball winning midfielders to play MC and two fast wingers to play ML & MR. Make sure your midfielders are good passers and tacklers of the ball or else you will get relegated.

Have a look at the Team Instructions and make the team press more, be more disciplined and rigid. I would use a Counter mentality as well

As you are trying to avoid Relegation, you MUSTN'T play with 3 strikers as all you are trying to do is NOT WIN THE TITLE but to avoid the drop so play with 1 Striker MOST games
or
in games where you feel you could nick all 3 poitns play with TWO strikers
is that ok?

Have a look at the Team Instructions and make the team press more, be more disciplined and rigid. I would use a Counter mentality as well

Ok, thanks for the two other replies. It helps massively :)

Ok, thanks for the two other replies. It helps massively :)

No problem, by the way maybe try a 4-4-1-1 formation with a target man up front, it has worked for me against big teams with Blackburn :)

Ok, i've now lost 16 in a row with the table standing as 1-0-16. Hopefully i can start to think about getting out of the bottom three as i've been performing better now (when i assigned each player with a unique role, and sorted out the formations and stuff like that) and i've got wigan and wolves to play for my next two games. Gonna be interesting. Aswell as the January transfer window a couple of weeks away.
Still, got no chance at the moment lol :/

right i would simply, change your formation to the 4-2-4 il devasto it works brilliant with blackpool, get a better goalkeeper maybe kinsky or carroll these are both good for the first season, then get better younger full backs, beattie is **** get rid of him, he uses up to much wages for blackpool, look for some loans this could help a lot. Try and loan leigh griffiths if possible he is great. This should help :)