gimpy99

Reaction score
I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I on my my third team in three years. I got sacked the previous 2 seasons. I have ended in 17th (relegated) and 8 in my first 2 seasons.

My current season just started but not doing any better.

So far in my 2+ seasons I average less than 2 shots on goal, less than goal a game, and win a meager 13% of my games. The most frustrating thing is not getting any opportunities, specifically in second half. Most of the time there are maybe 2 action sequences during the second half and it is always for the opposition, specifically during the last 10 minutes in any game I might have a lead. Most of the time they end up scoring.

How the **** can I get some shots on goal? Or deal with the lack of action sequences... it makes for very boring gameplay. :'(

Sounds like there's something going wrong! Have you been listening to your backroom advice? Have they commented about your formation not being good for your squad? If its a morale problem then you can boost it with a good team meeting plus talking to each player individually and telling them they need to step up their training. Don't be afraid to single out bad performers and hand out warnings and fines.

Also, don't always just go off of a players star rating when deciding who to play or who needs to be replaced. Looking at a players match rating history is usually a better indicator of how good they are for your side.

There's also some good info in here if you skim through it:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/107556-what-do-if-you-just-cant-win.html

Sounds like there's something going wrong! Have you been listening to your backroom advice? Have they commented about your formation not being good for your squad? If its a morale problem then you can boost it with a good team meeting plus talking to each player individually and telling them they need to step up their training. Don't be afraid to single out bad performers and hand out warnings and fines.

Also, don't always just go off of a players star rating when deciding who to play or who needs to be replaced. Looking at a players match rating history is usually a better indicator of how good they are for your side.

There's also some good info in here if you skim through it:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/107556-what-do-if-you-just-cant-win.html

Backroom staff mention abosultely nothing about the tactics I am using. Morale rarely dips below good and when it does it is a few individual players not team as a whole.

Gonna check the links you and Woody posted.

Although it seems ridiculous that even the worst team in a division can't average more than a SHOT per game. I have a mere 2 shots on goal in my last 4 games.

Backroom staff mention abosultely nothing about the tactics I am using. Morale rarely dips below good and when it does it is a few individual players not team as a whole.

Gonna check the links you and Woody posted.

Although it seems ridiculous that even the worst team in a division can't average more than a SHOT per game. I have a mere 2 shots on goal in my last 4 games.
Just try shuffling your tactics until something works. My club is predicted to finish last this season but I've got them sitting 13th right now after messing about with my tactics for half the season. I finally have 3 tactics that suit this year's squad and I can switch between them for different opponents/injuries.

For example, I just played a slightly better team and after 25 minutes they had 5 shots to me having none (Playing with match stats in the split view is good for keeping an eye on how things are going). I changed from my standard tactic to a counter style, and I managed to win the game 2-1, finishing with 7 shots on goal to their 13 (so nearly had an equal number of shots each after I changed tactics).

I hate just saying, "look at your tactics", but that's usually my problem when I have bad losing streaks. I also haven't had a lot of success plugging in other people's tactics you can find on the forums here. I always get better results hand crafting tactics for my squad each season, unfortunately that means the start of my seasons are usually terrible!

Well we finally got a goal... and still lost.... to a D2 team. FFS