Qresma

Reaction score
Hello guys! Im very new here, but im not new at football manager. Ive been playing since championship manager 01, football manager 10,11,12 ive been doing very good job. I played with aston villa and got them to be top 5 in BPL in 4 years, and i consider myself as a descent manager. Now i got this FM 13, i have tried 2-3 times now to start a new save. I dont know if this happens to you guys, but i always prepare training, and match tactics and everything. Before the season begins, i do friendly matches, training camps and everything. I set up a good formation and placing my placers on a position that suits them well.

And then: Im getting ready for my first friendly match against busan, thinks its a korean team, and i have a strong team now, (choosing spurs) for my first fm 13 save. After 4 mins my goalkeeper (loris) shouts out the ball to the busan striker, and he goes and runs and shoots the ball and scores...after 15 min they score again...im getting annoyed because this happens to my 2 previous saved games, i always scores, but my team cant keep a cleen sheet. no matter how good the keeper is. What am i doing wrong? in fm10,11,12 i was doing so good and then i play fm13 and its like this. Is it the match prep? is it the team talk before match? NEED ANSWERS PLEASE.
Sorry for my not so good english haha

what have you set in your gk's player instructions i find if you tell him to distribute to your strongest cb by ticking distribution box and make sure it is set as defender collects and also tick the box underneath that says distribute to and make sure that is set to your strongest cb.

hopefully this has helped

Hey mate, I'll try and put this in as clear English as possible. robertlecomber09's advice is good, you could look at the goals they score and think why they happen? Maybe have your full backs playing more defensively if wingers are getting behind them. Also, is your defensive line set as high, and you're playing the opposition striker offside? That can catch defences out frequently, perhaps have defenders set their line deeper, especially if they're slower.

It might not be your fault tactically. Because these mistakes seem to be happening early in your season, your team might not be fully comfortable in them yet (shown by how full the blue bar is under each formation in the tactics sceen.) So maybe it's just because they aren't used to your formation yet. Also, this year's game seems to feature a large amount of mistakes a game, so it might just be unfortunate. Best of luck.

your team might not be fully comfortable in them yet (shown by how full the blue bar is under each formation in the tactics sceen.) So maybe it's just because they aren't used to your formation yet.

Speaking of which, one aspect of FM13 I'm not too fond of is that the blue bar you're referring to gets reset every season. Even if I have the same players in my first team from one season to another, they have to accomodate to the system all over again. Doesn't seem very realistic, I hope they tune this for FM14.

Thanks for the replies guys. Its frustrating! Really. They always give away stupid goals and stupid mistakes in the game, mistakes in the defence, own goals i cant beat a really bad team in a friendly match, i was playing with spurs with a 4-2-3-1 formation. With offensiv instructions, counter-attack, and high defense line. The first game i lost against busan 3-1, and then i play vs leeds and i loose 2-0. Its annoying and unrealistic. I play with a strong team to get their fitness up before the season starts...and i loose games i should be easily winning..what do you guys recommend then?