What am I doing wrong ....

Smart9682

Reaction score
Ok I'm playing as West Ham, in my fourth season with them after stints with Luton, Norwich, Walsall and Fulham .. Anyway I've gotten together a team which I think would get atleast a european spot many players on free transfers and spent a lot this season but find myself in 20th place, the team has been very hit and miss since I took them over, for example last season we were 3rd with 9 games to go and suddenly lost all 9 in a row and finished 8th.

any tips?

team screenshots are below, thank you.

P.S : I've tried about 6 different tactics since I took over all with the same results and on one of the screenshots it says weak defence but thats only because I recently sold a player, the team plays the same with or without him.

what tactic are you using? if it's one from this site that's tried and tested i recommend just making sure you have the right players in the right positions (for example your assistant recommends playing adrien in the middle of the three which i think is a defensive role). If you got a lot of new players in then just give them a chance to gel as a squad and results should improve.

u wont beat the big teams with no width mate itd too attacking and your team dosent have enough quality to defend and attack at the same time

what tactic are you using? if it's one from this site that's tried and tested i recommend just making sure you have the right players in the right positions (for example your assistant recommends playing adrien in the middle of the three which i think is a defensive role). If you got a lot of new players in then just give them a chance to gel as a squad and results should improve.

at the moment I'm playing a formation based on Barcelona's called 433 Barca V1, sounds flash for west ham I know but it's the only formation I've used which has had the best .. if not great results, I also use some dominance ones from here which have been hit and miss, the only new players in my team this year are tafer, Azpilicueta and Zucuilini and I'm using tugs training, as far as lineup I use the exact lineup the assistant suggests.

u wont beat the big teams with no width mate itd too attacking and your team dosent have enough quality to defend and attack at the same time

That may explain it then, perhaps I'll do a counter tactic rather then mainly attacking, perhaps have a holding player to.

well with the players you have I'd recommend Mr. Hough's wonder tactic. Just stick the players in the right places and watch the goals roll in =]

well with the players you have I'd recommend Mr. Hough's wonder tactic. Just stick the players in the right places and watch the goals roll in =]

I've not heard of that one before, I'll give it a go :)

Same, especially if your thinking about having a holding player

Either use Mr Houghs tactics as these boys said, or you could try JP Woody 4-2-3-1 tactics, very good tactics

hey, ok well tried that tactic and got 9 wins in 38 league games, only 5 points above relegation zone and yet almost every team I meet the assistant reports back they we have higher flair, technique etc then them tried different formations etc and still the same, I'm totally lost with this team and have no idea why they suddenly just dont feel up to trying, I might cut my loses and move on I think. thanks anyway guys