What are the ways I can raise morale ?

Gooner12

Reaction score
I need to know... everything.

and i searched the forums for "morale" nothing showed up. so sorry if theres a guide on this or something.

well since you said everything...

win.

otherwise new contracts to unhappy players, sell ambitious players who are looking to get out, ask players who they want signed, and drop unhappy backup players to reserve squad.

Players often become demoralised when you don't start them often enough.

Don't give angry team talks when you lose, keep trying to encourage your players. Post-match usually give plaise only for good performances (i usually say 'well-done' or 'pleased' only for a 7 or above, otherwise i say nothing).

Saying you're 'disappointed' or 'angry' post-match usually won't do anything, but make their morale even worse for the next game. I will use disappointed as a post match talk, only if their performance has been awful and their morale is high and they can handle it.

Avoid being too critical of players that get mad easily (you'll find out who they are as you go along), and the lower a player's morale is before a match, the more encouragement they need.

Other than that, winning seems to do the best job, but I have kept extremely good morale on losing teams, just by doing good team talks - which eventually leads to winning.

well ive never had problems with morale ive always kept everyone very happy but i messed up on a media comment and cesc fabregas morale went to V Poor right before a big title deciding game against Manchester United !

However my teamtalks worked.. we won 3 0, and no one but Fabregas himself scored a powerful volley from outside the area in the 90th minute to finish it off ! Some leaders are just born to be leaders !!! thanks for all your help mates

schedule a friendly against teams you can beat 7-0, if the losing is what is causing poor morale