What are your thoughts on the Nindendo Wii?

Thoughts on the Nindendo Wii?

• YES, Love it!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Meh, It's ok i guess

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • ****, Don't like it or wasted cash on it

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Never played it

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Kris

Reaction score
Basically there is an on going arguement at my work about the Wii with one guy saying it's amazing and boasting about it's sales saying it outsells all the other big consoles every month

On the other hand we have someone else who is calling it **** basically

My opinion is that it's just a fad that people go out and buy then soon get sick of due to the lack of decent games but then again maybe it depends what you want to play?

Opinions and views on the Wii?

ive always wanted one because if i play my xbox im just sitting but with a wii i have the chance to exercise and play the games i like at the same time

Basically there is an on going arguement at my work about the Wii with one guy saying it's amazing and boasting about it's sales saying it outsells all the other big consoles every month

My opinion is that it's just a fad that people go out and buy then soon get sick of due to the lack of decent games but then again maybe it depends what you want to play?

it pretty much sucks donkey ***

the burd played it for a week then it gathered dust.

If you have a family or entertain at home regular its great fun.Ive had some good fun with the family on the wii and some absolutely monumental **** ups with mates having some great crack while playing on the wii all night.

I think it's good but mainly for kids. It doesn't have the processing power to house good enough games to compare to the 360 or the PS3, so gets a bit boring in my opinion because most of the games have no depth.

The likes of the Wii Fit are pretty revolutionary though, and the mini games on the Wii Fit game are fun, but only really when you have a bunch of mates or family playing them together, and that goes for most of the other games as well. If you play them on your own they're pretty dire.

To sum up: Fun with others as games lack depth to play alone, but certainly not a fad!

never played it yet,hope i have enough money in coming months to buy one :D

Well I think it's a good novelty but, as you said, there is a distinct lack of decent games

ive always wanted one because if i play my xbox im just sitting but with a wii i have the chance to exercise and play the games i like at the same time

Yeah, I think consoles like X-Box/PS3 are for more serious gamers and the Wii is a light-hearted, family fun novelty.

the Wii along with EA are everything thats wrong with gaming at the moment, If you dont have a Wii save your cash and never buy one

I bought my Mam one for Christmas 2 years ago (she has been on it twice at the most).

I have to be honest 90% of the games are pure rubbish and just repetitive and gimmicky.

The only game that I have properly enjoyed, and not just as a quick laugh, is Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

Last time I went on the Wii was about 8-9 months ago when my Xbox was getting repaired. Since then it has just gathered dust and I packed it away a few months ago.

99% of other Wii users have the same story Sean, including myself. Had a Wii for just over 12 months, last time it was played was 11 months ago.

Its not something id play alone,like i said earlier its definitely family and party orientated.

I first played it with 3 of my friends and it was so fun i went out and bought one
After a month of playing it mainly on my own it got slightly boring
Now I only play when friends come over :p

I agree with what Sean said. The only time it's any fun to play is when there's a few people.

Mario Strikers Charged and Rayman: Raving Rabbids are both brilliant games when played with a few others.

Give me a PS3, PC, or Xbox over a Wii any day. I'd even prefer a DS, at least I could play Scribblenauts then. :wub:

i purely hate the concept :| AND the console

microsoft are making an add on to the 360 called project natal that will blow the wii out of the water

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2qlHoxPioM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2qlHoxPioM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It is entertaining and practical but due to the way it has to be played there is a lack of games.

He went in the huff with us because of the reaction on here. Says it's not a fair poll because your all 'clones' of me :S

So i win really lol