What call outs to use for passing football?

Reaction score
Hi FM-Base,

I love my passing football on FM13 it was easy for me to set up but i am somewhat struggling on this years game.

I prefer to play 4-4-1-1 formation. Last 20 minutes of games i push the wingers on for a 4-2-3-1 to force the issue but i think my call outs are costing me dear. I only use Retain possession and hassle opponents and eventually it always seems as though the goals dry up and i cant create chances so is there any other call outs i can use to boost chances. My roles tend to be FB-S CD-D in defence and Wingers-A DLP-D in midfield with the CAM obviously Advanced Playmaker and striker either DLF-A or AF-A depending on which strikers i use.

Thanks in advance guys.

well, retain possession will slow the game down by it's very definition, if you want to go out and attack and use wingers, exploit the flanks, run at defense, route one pump ball into box, higher tempo, more direct passing etc.

Hi FM-Base,

I love my passing football on FM13 it was easy for me to set up but i am somewhat struggling on this years game.

I prefer to play 4-4-1-1 formation. Last 20 minutes of games i push the wingers on for a 4-2-3-1 to force the issue but i think my call outs are costing me dear. I only use Retain possession and hassle opponents and eventually it always seems as though the goals dry up and i cant create chances so is there any other call outs i can use to boost chances. My roles tend to be FB-S CD-D in defence and Wingers-A DLP-D in midfield with the CAM obviously Advanced Playmaker and striker either DLF-A or AF-A depending on which strikers i use.

Thanks in advance guys.

In order to play a nice passing game, all you need to do is have the short passing shout.

However you can have very different flavours of passing games, if you want to play nice from the back, use play out of defence, if you dont want to pump the ball into the box then use works ball into box.

retain possession shout will look to retain possession at all times, passing backwards instead of making a more risky through ball which will lead to less chances, etc etc

thanks guys im gonna have a play around with it. probably retain is too cautious and short passing is the key. i might also change the player roles in order to work the ball into the box ill need a runner from midfield. DLP-S and BWM-D maybe?

Another question would be about the defence. using these ideas i would have thought hassle to get the ball back would be my best option?