• Young Guns Challenge

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Gary Speed Tribute

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wr1097

Reaction score
What Challenge Should I Take? (voting closed)

Hey guys, you might have read my 2 ongoing stories, Terry Venables' Emulation Challenge and my Ultimate Champions League Challenge

I'm getting a bit bored with my champions league challenge, so I wanted you guys to suggest a suitable challenge for me to take on.

I usually have a long term Manchester United save, but this year, I've not done one yet.

I'm going to list some challenges which I feel I have enough time to take on:

Pentagon Challenge - obviously everyone knows this one, but I've never really tried it out.

1000 goals (Danny Roberts) Challenge - This is from another site, but the basic idea is to have a player score 1000 goals for club and country under your management. This is a challenging one, because you will have to commit to one player but at least this ensures I have a long-term save as well.

100 trophies challenge - This is a good one as well, because it will mean having a long-term save. The aim of the game is simple: win 100 trophies!

The Young Guns Challenge - Never play a player over the age of 25, and achieve as much success as you can. Sounds interesting enough.

The Gary Speed Tribute Challenge - Another interesting challenge, I'm not playing this for the points if chosen

I really need help in choosing a challenge, so please feel free to vote and give me your opinion.

EDIT: I have some time to kill, so I've decided to start this. I won't be considering anymore votes, sorry. Thanks to those who voted, and I'll try to put up a link soon.
:)

Here's the link to my story:
(Yet) Another Manchester United Story

Last edited:
I would guess the 1000 goals one is impossible

I would guess the 1000 goals one is impossible

It's not impossible, I've gone through it on the other site and lots of people have completed this challenge on previous versions.

One of them actually got up to 3000 goals, but I guess that's impossible in the newer versions.

Take a player from the age of say 16 say he played 20 years he would have to score 50 goals EVERY season! Not going to happen, he may well score 50 + in a season but he won't do it every season for 20 years

Take a player from the age of say 16 say he played 20 years he would have to score 50 goals EVERY season! Not going to happen, he may well score 50 + in a season but he won't do it every season for 20 years

If you want, I can give you a link to the challenge, but I know what you mean, most of the guys who completed this had players scoring 70 goals a season, so I don't really think it's possible in FM13

Doesn't hurt to try it if you have the time though.

Mate,if you try that I'd follow the story! If you got 500 goals I think even that would be impressive

Once the voting is closed, if the 100 trophies challenge gets more votes, I might try to merge it with the 1000 goals one.

Unfortunately, I can't start till April :S

It all depends on how long you fancy playing. You could always pick and absolute dog of a team in say blue square with shocking finances and create a barca master piece to world domination.

It all depends on how long you fancy playing. You could always pick and absolute dog of a team in say blue square with shocking finances and create a barca master piece to world domination.

I have done that with st Neots, not too difficult if your patient, however the 1000 goals or even the 500 goals one would be difficult

I don't mind playing even 50-60 years in, but I've pretty much chosen Man Utd.

I did a long-term save with them last year, went atleast 30 years in, and got some pretty good regens as well.

Haven't had the chance to repeat it yet this year.

Hey, guys. Just wanted to let you know, thanks for voting.

It's great getting so much feedback and I hope I can start the story soon :D

So what challenge did you end up with?

The speed challenge isn't exactly difficult... Speaking of it though, its kinda died off as well