What do you do with your aging superstars?

Reaction score
I am never quite sure what to do... playing as Bayern, Ribery and Robben got old fast. their contracts expire at the end of season, and I'm sure they will still want a hefty wage... Ribery is a club icon. They are also both mentoring someone right now and the transfer window will soon end. Should I try to sell them, or should I keep them and possibly let them walk away? I'll probably get less than 20m for both of them seeing as Robben has got injury prone and Ribery is now only 2.5 stars. I have brought in Hazard now. Do you think it would be worth it sell them and let them tutor still or no?

Sell them! No point in losing them for NOTHING

Well they could be pretty good tutors as they have decent Preferred moves and good determination and world-wide reputation. but I'm mostly hung up due to being a Bayern fan and loving both of them myself :p

Well they could be pretty good tutors as they have decent Preferred moves and good determination and world-wide reputation. but I'm mostly hung up due to being a Bayern fan and loving both of them myself :p

They'll be able to tutor for one more year.. and then they will be gone for nothing.

I say resign them (even with the high wages) and then try to convince them to retire and become coaches. Club loyalty trumps all!

A Bayern fan who loves Robben?any way I would keep adleat one as a tutor for Wiesler.

A Bayern fan who loves Robben?any way I would keep adleat one as a tutor for Wiesler.

Ended up selling Ribery cuz Robben wanted 175k/week to leave... and I sold Wiesler, since I have hazard/Shaq combo! with a few younger wingers to back up

Maybe I'm a bit extreme but if a player gets to over 28 years old I sell them while their still worth a lot. Generally works out well for me. Only player I couldn't do this to was Gerrard and Carragher. I decided to let them retire at the club.

Maybe I'm a bit extreme but if a player gets to over 28 years old I sell them while their still worth a lot. Generally works out well for me. Only player I couldn't do this to was Gerrard and Carragher. I decided to let them retire at the club.

I do this with players at 27 too, it makes it incredibly easy to make tonnes of money in game.

I do this with players at 27 too, it makes it incredibly easy to make tonnes of money in game.

Personally, I like legends who stay at 1 club their whole life :p in real life as well, so I'm biased towards that. Besides, as Bayern I crush all competition, I've won the CL 2/2 now.

I keep them around till they're about 2 stars, constantly tutoring my youngsters. But if theyr club icons/legends, typically theyr favored personnel of some of the current team line ups, so i keep them till they retire and resign as coaches. Works pretty well. Only if i dont like a player will i sell at 30.

Most fridge players that are 27-28 I'll sell on or just keep loaning them out if they're not worth a huge amount. Club icons or just generally really good players I'll keep around for as long as I can, have them tutor any youngsters that are coming through and then try and move them into coaching or scout roles as they retire.

Never had any issues with paying their wages, farming regens is far far better money and so much easier to control that you end up super rich whilst you're winning games too.

I'm having this dilemma with Gotze and Wilshere, I sold wilshere as I had two really good back up players but Gotze is a troubling one. He doesn't get much goals or assists anymore and is making less an impact now and Real Madrid have offered 35 million (he's 30 now and I bought him at 21 for 40 million)

Any advice, keep him or sell him and bank the money for youth?!

I'm having this dilemma with Gotze and Wilshere, I sold wilshere as I had two really good back up players but Gotze is a troubling one. He doesn't get much goals or assists anymore and is making less an impact now and Real Madrid have offered 35 million (he's 30 now and I bought him at 21 for 40 million)

If hes no longer contributing and you have found a replacement/have a replacement already then sell up as his value will go down a lot in the next 2 years

at his age sell him, you won't get any more than 35 million for him. Sell him while he's still worth a lot and you can reinvest that on new players or into the club.

I sell as 30-31 personally only exception was Giggs but he is already over 31. That way I still get something for them.