What do you think is missing from FM

kino4city

Reaction score
Hi fellow FM-ers,
I think I'm just getting to the stage now where i start to notice things that are missing and I think the Board Confidence, should be more played with...

So yeah, I'll start it off!!!!

I am suggesting to add...

• some form of monthly meetings with your teams board to maybe discuss ideas the board have or i have, rather than having to request a meeting all the time!! THAT SHOULD BE IN EMERGENCIES!!
  • more detailed analysis from scouts eg. Suggests on the team style of play, maybe if they played a slow tempo and short passing game but they are lethal on the attack would give a greater understanding of their play and then you can select the style of play you want to play against it ! !
  • also i think we need to bring academies into it eg. being abl to set up academies around the world like Soccer Schools in the US to get more varity of youth and/or set up academies around the country and then risk players to their academies when it comes to youth selection process eg. if they only have local academies then they only see the local players, so Stockport will only be able to recruit players from their area of Stockport and Manchester as they have a couple in those areas, and then if they form alink with Man City then they get second dibs on players from their academies and in the Parent Club agreement, you can gain full access to their academies, worldwide or just regions, central europe. etc.

Well there mine... I not saying that i will send these suggestions in but it would be nice for the creators to possibly read this later down the line after a few other suggestions...
Also I will select the most liked posts and use those suggestions to create a poll after xmas...

1. Maybe seems a valid point...
2. You need to figure that out yourself, we would all be able to create diablo tactics if scouts would tell us that...
3. I'd like that too...

1. Maybe seems a valid point...
2. You need to figure that out yourself, we would all be able to create diablo tactics if scouts would tell us that...
3. I'd like that too...
Think about AVB, he used to produce scout reports for Mourinho 5 pages in depth and detail, I think the better scouts with high tactical knowledge should atleast do what i suggested... Do you not think??

Better ******* teamtalks. The ones in FM12 are absolutely bollocks.

FM has been out for a little over a month, and people are already complaining... :facepalm:

Better ******* teamtalks. The ones in FM12 are absolutely bollocks.

Exactly. Too much detail. I tried leaving it to assistant manager but he ****** everyone off when in charge of Sporting Gijon after losing 1-0 to Barcelona at the Camp Nou to a 96th minute penalty with only 3 minutes of injury time allowed! He said we shouldn't be losing games like this!

I find myself just using Calm and You have faith all the time. It either makes them happy or more motivated

I think you should be able to spend your wages you earn ;) - JUST KIDDING aha xD

But the thing that annoys me the most is the refs positioning. If my player does a bad tackle the ref walks towards me from MILES away and then stops like a quarter of the way, making my player walk the rest of it, and then the opposition take the free kick before my player has got back into position and they score from the unmarked man.

The amount of times I have seen this happen is unbelievable & it seriously ****** me off! So they just need to improve that, because in real life the refs are usually quite close to the play.

We need naked women jumping out of the stands and running around the pitch, I think that would be a fun distraction...

Game editor built into the game itself, rather than as separate entities. Other sports simulation games allow the player to enable this through what's called "Commissioner Mode".

ffp rules implemented ;).

i dont have issues with team talks. but at least is more specific than what was in fm11.

another issue to point out is sensible sportsmanship behaviourism. i mean a player is heavily injured and the games goes on and a goal is scored.

th_smh.gif

I think you should be able to spend your wages you earn ;) - JUST KIDDING aha xD

But the thing that annoys me the most is the refs positioning. If my player does a bad tackle the ref walks towards me from MILES away and then stops like a quarter of the way, making my player walk the rest of it, and then the opposition take the free kick before my player has got back into position and they score from the unmarked man.

The amount of times I have seen this happen is unbelievable & it seriously ****** me off! So they just need to improve that, because in real life the refs are usually quite close to the play.

I think you should be able to use your money to buy the club maybe pump your own money in the club to sign a player when the board turn you down... and then the player proves to be amazing then the board provide you with more respect and are more likely to honour your requests with a higher risk... now that would be cool...

I think you should be able to use your money to buy the club maybe pump your own money in the club to sign a player when the board turn you down... and then the player proves to be amazing then the board provide you with more respect and are more likely to honour your requests with a higher risk... now that would be cool...

i agree with that :) !

- More youth teams per club. U20,U19,U18, amateurs A1-F1 etc. In general I'd like better youth setups with more in depth facility choices. Club house, more training pitches enabling more youths, academies around the world.
- Scouting improvements like head scouts and such and a better feel for what a bigger recruitment network actually does for you.
- Regens throughout the year instead of on a fixed date. Like every month you get 2 or 3 regens added to your youth setup. Seems more realistic combined with the extra youth teams I mentioned.
- Assigning more assistant managers. Quite annoying when you get to a club and there are 3 of them when you are only allowed to have 1...
- Ageing regen faces. Having a 30 year old regen looking like he's 12...
- More regen names. I've got a game with 3 or 4 regens with the same surname that isn't even common in the Netherlands.
- A tactic grid instead of fixed places. That way it's easier to say whereabout a player should stay on the pitch. Like having 2 strikers with one just hanging a bit behind the other. Also, movement areas of where the player is allowed to walk (though the tactic feedback screen already helps with that tremendously). And more swap positions options, having 3 or more players swap constantly instead of just 2.

Could go on forever :p

EDIT: Better Dutch Regens. If you look at the amount of great players that we've produced for a nation of about 16M people the regens are quite terrible.

Last edited:
Think about AVB, he used to produce scout reports for Mourinho 5 pages in depth and detail, I think the better scouts with high tactical knowledge should atleast do what i suggested... Do you not think??

Yeah, the best scouts with tactical knowledge 18+ should do, maybe I'm restricting it way too much, but I don't think scouts usually give 5 pages in depth and detail as AVB did... Also it could include scouts who have a very high determination and adaptabilty/professionalism, whilst lacking so much tactical knowledge...

maybe some real stadiums or the ability to be a player- manager and your stats based on the club you take over and your past experiance

- More youth teams per club. U20,U19,U18, amateurs A1-F1 etc. In general I'd like better youth setups with more in depth facility choices. Club house, more training pitches enabling more youths, academies around the world.
- Scouting improvements like head scouts and such and a better feel for what a bigger recruitment network actually does for you.
- Regens throughout the year instead of on a fixed date. Like every month you get 2 or 3 regens added to your youth setup. Seems more realistic combined with the extra youth teams I mentioned.
- Assigning more assistant managers. Quite annoying when you get to a club and there are 3 of them when you are only allowed to have 1...
- Ageing regen faces. Having a 30 year old regen looking like he's 12...
- More regen names. I've got a game with 3 or 4 regens with the same surname that isn't even common in the Netherlands.
- A tactic grid instead of fixed places. That way it's easier to say whereabout a player should stay on the pitch. Like having 2 strikers with one just hanging a bit behind the other. Also, movement areas of where the player is allowed to walk (though the tactic feedback screen already helps with that tremendously). And more swap positions options, having 3 or more players swap constantly instead of just 2.

Could go on forever :p

EDIT: Better Dutch Regens. If you look at the amount of great players that we've produced for a nation of about 16M people the regens are quite terrible.

I like the idea of managing your players at younger ages, a bit like fifa has introduced now but fm would need to add greater depth to it

Also, yeah the tactics need to allow you to rotate 3 positions like they do at barca, with their front 3 they swap and change round all game!! maybe should only be available if you play "Very Fluid" thou to restrict you slightly

And so begins the "What you'd like to see in FM 13" thread

Does any1 think it's unreal how many times a defender tackles an opposition player and makes a thru ball to his strike partner! Some of my centre halfs have more assists for the other team then out else...

AI having good intelligence for longer term saves and signings. The AI has destroyed Fulham and they've conceded nearly 100 goals after 25 games.

AI signing older players (30+) for huge fees.

AI signing a player for big money and never playing them. I sold a 30 year old Gervinho to Man City for £16.5 million and they have played him twice. He's now on the transfer list.

AI selling a player who is playing well for a tiny profit. Tottenham signed Kadlec for £6 million and he scored 32 in 50 games in total. They sell him for £6.5 million to Dortmund. No logic.

Last edited: