lhcfc10

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying something quite different today as I wanted to try and create a winning yet attacking formation with chelsea as I am a fan of some of the players they have recently aquired, anyway my idea was to play a 3-4-3/ 3-6-1 formation quite like the formation guardiola sometimes used during his final season at barca. It would look something like this;

torres
hazard mata
oscar
bertrand ramires
mikel
luiz ivanovic
cahill
cech

Effectively torres would be the lone frontman as maybe a poacher
Hazard and Mata would support him as inside forwards with trequarista roles
Oscar would play at the tip of a wide midfield diamond as a attacking midfielder, ramires and bertrand would be used as wingbacks or right and left midfielders, with mikel as the midfield anchorman
Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic would be the back three with cahill maybe playing deeper acting as a sweeper, luiz and ivanovic would be stoppers and cahill cover

I haven't given the fm games much time in he past but I wanted to have a good go with the new fm 2013. I would also try to play barcelona like tiki-taka with this formation but I don't quite know how to do that effectively. I could potentially see this working but what do you think? and how can I best simulate barcelonas tiki-taka formation in fm 2013?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited: