Reaction score
I wanted to see what some others thought about this as a tactic. To quickly summarise I chose this based on the squad I had at my disposal. My main two full backs are brilliant going forward, while the left back isn't great at defending, as a result I felt using them as an attacking pair could pay me dividends, which is also why I chose a Half Back as my DM, usually using James Perch here as he is perfect defensively for this. I tried a mix in the centre of midfield Collison is my usual AP/S and I want him to be looking to find space and help move the ball around to my front players or the full backs bombing forward. The BWM/S I see as the man to help hassle players when we don't have the ball, when we have it I want him to be the main support from defence to attack and offer a simple pass. The AMC/A I see as my main man, he can create chances or finish them with runs into the box. The DLF/S I see as a bigger man to hold the ball up allowing the others to come into play and not be afraid to have a shot if the opportunity arises, while the Poacher/A I see as the sides main finisher.

The reason I'm on a counter strategy is because I was expected to come mid-table, so I want to start cautiously but the strategy could change based on who I'm playing, or how they come and attack me, I have regularly changed to Control, or even Defensive to see a game out. So far it has brought me a successful start as I'm top of the league. Although not knowing the league too well based on performances last season, I'm not sure if I've had some proper tests, the hardest game so far for me was Wolves at Home, I started superbly going 1-0 up only to give away a penalty to see it become 1-1, then my team sparked into life and score 3 more to go 4-1, then Wolves pulled another back, 4-2 and I was worried we may be going a bit to gung-ho, changed my Full backs to support and put the mentality to defensive and then they scored another, 4-3 and I was worried so I went to a Contain strategy to see out the remaining 5 minutes which lasted forever!

I have no team instructions at the moment, my team are playing well and I don't see any glaring issues at the moment, but I may add one during the game if something is being done wrong or not being done enough etc.

I have one PI which is on my GK to distribute to the FB's.

And finally here's the picture
View attachment 249612

So what do you think?

I'd say maybe switch the full backs to wing backs to add more support out wide, have you considered a btb?

if it aint broke dont fix it mate,

Without watching your games there is nothing that we can really say. Keep watching the games and if you are happy leave it, if you see issues in what is happening during the build up plays. both attacking and when defending. If you see any issues and don't know how to resolve them post them up and we'll try to help as best we can.

callamity, that was my thoughts, just wondered to see how others may be different, so far it definitely isn't broken, although Wolves did give me something to think about in the game, although my CB's did have a poor game compared to the rest of the squad so you never know.

teamfmjamie I did consider a B2B but I feel that they could try a bit too hard to get into the box which would in my opinion make it very crowded if the ball is coming from a cross as I already have 3 players with that intent. I found a BWM came handy as when we lost the ball he'd harry their midfield to cause a mistake/make them go long, where I have no fears of my CB's/Half-Back winning the ball in the air and if they go wide then I have enough cover.

I'd go very fluid attack with it
Yeah, he's first in the league. He cannot do much better and you're still giving completely random advice without any explanation.