What do you use the Editor for?

BD948

Reaction score
To me, it would just feel like cheating if I changed my budget or stuff like that, and would just like to know if there is anything useful the editor can be used for? Like altering little bugs or stuff like that?

So, what do you use the Editor app for?

I use it for my LLM saves.

Often times the kits for lower league teams aren't quite right (and GK's have default grey kits), so I'll go in and create kits that look similar to real life.

I'll also edit nicknames as some teams don't have nicknames in game, but IRL they do. Take Venezia for example, they are the Leoni Alati (winged lions) but this nickname is not in game!

i have used it to create a couple of players for liverpool (Sterling and O'Hanlon) but dont like the cheating aspect of altering budgets etc

The only time I've used it (FMRTE in this case) was when my star regen striker broke his leg during the first match of the season and was out for 7 months. I still feel kind of dirty for removing it. It's definitely cheating imo, but I was too ****** to care at the time.

I usually just use it for BaP games, however i have made custom databases earlier in the year. I never alter finances or CA/PA. Have added a few youngsters on 11.2 Sterling/Myiachi/Zidane/Ithurbe etc.
In fm 08 i used to alter CA but i lost intrest in the saves quickly as they wernt challenging. Will probably do a few summer transfers and Promotion/relegation places as i dont like Summer updates as they have CA changes.

Think my next Edit is an EPL club and just remove all non english players and only sign locals.

EDITING! :D

Sorry. I usually use it for slight edits in P/CA, or for test files. Occasionally I invest the time to make myself my own league and teams, which is fun. Most common thing is, as Steve said, adding young'uns.

for FMRTE I just use to heal when my key player only is injured more than 2 or 3 months and for editor to create custom nations rules for fun :D

Last edited:
increse budget, or tweak a players attributes. LOL

FMRTE - I generally alter jerseys for my Kingstonian side. I like to create new jerseys for them every time they sign a new jersey sponsor. Board is building a new stadium for them now and I'll probably use it to change the name to something other then the awful "Kingstonian Stadium." I have in the past on a different save used it for cheating purposes but the game got boring too fast! I think I really just use it now to fill in gaps that future versions of the game could include!

sorry for a noob question but where can i find the editor? do i have to download it?
and what does fmrte stand for?

Football Manager Real Time Editor = FMRTE

I believe you can find it in the tools section of this forum. Make sure you download the version compatible with the 11.3 database

EPL has manager for the month and young player of the month La Liga doesn't........*moves Real Madrid to EPL*.