What does a 'Consortium takeover' entail?

Reaction score
I've received a message saying that a Consortium is planning taking over my club. It got me thinking, what does that actually do? I'm aware of what a Tycoon takeover involves, pumping ridiculous amounts of money into the club i.e Chelsea or Man City IRL. I'm also aware that a 'local businessman' takeover is the least beneficial. Could anyone tell me what a Consortium will usually do when they take a club over, what kind of finances they do or don't provide ect ect, perhaps some real life examples/equivalents or any other information you have?

I had it happen to me in my Glasgow Rangers safe,i was top of the league and i got the sack so beware this could happen to you

Consider it a "Tycoon Lite"-takeover. Happened to me with FC Groningen in the first season. They poured a couple of million in the bank, invested in youth + training set-up and immediately started expanding the stadium with 50%.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it would be something like that, it didn't happen in the end, but it's nice to know for the future. :)