What does it take to get a new stadium?

neomoppy

Reaction score
I am playing as Hartlepool and requested a new stadium as my 8,500 (expanded) stadium was selling out, when I was in the top Half of Championship. The board acepted, but while the planning was progresing we got took over. Planning was accepted, but then nothing happened. I was about to gain promotion, so asked again, this time they refused. I asked for expansion which took place. I am in PL with 12,750 stadium (with expanssion just taken place)
What gets me the most was that they gave me a massive £20 million transfer Kitty which I spent (dropping the club into debt), The Wage budget was nearly doubled to a masive 140k a week which is almost maxed out and I am still making around £2 million a month.

I am currently midway through the season, and nearly in profit. Come the end of the season I should have £10 milion in bank, excluding any league money/TV money etc. I will ask again come the end of the season.

I am wanting to know a few things, firstly what is the progression for new stadium? (i.e I got a progress bar for Planning, what comes next, building?, also do you need to ask again for the each phase, so when planning completed do you need to ask again for building, or should it happen automatically?)

And what factors are the main ones behind the boards decision, I am guessing how full you manage to get your stadium (but what % is ideal?) How much money is in the bank? (what is an ideal figure, and does it vary depending on size of stadium, how do you know what need?) And would it depend upon how much you make in profit, (again any ideas on amounts etc?)

There's a lot to answer there!

I think the fact that you have put the club into debt may mean that they will/ should hold off until the next preseason once the annual profits have been announced and dividends paid out to shareholders. Then they will decide your transfer budget etc. They more than likely will have to take out a massive loan to build a new stadium, which will come in time when the club stature increases. I think when was promoted from League 1 to the Championship the board took out a £20M loan to buy a new stadium.

Progression for the new stadium will be shown in the progress bar as you have mentioned. Obviously yes, building follows planning. There should be a date at the end of the progress bar that should tell you when the building is expected to be completed. Although that is just a rough date, in my save Chelsea had their completion date pushed back several times after 'delays in building' so not really sure about that one in your situation.

You can never really tell with the boards decisions, as there isn't any real set way of doing it. I've just won the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Comm Shield, Super Cup and Champions League for 6/7 years in a row, and I don't even get the option to expand the 32500 seater stadium which is filled out every week. I'm round about £100M current balance too so it's not like it would make a dent.

Hope this helps

There a couple of thing you need in order to get a new stadium,

1. You need to fill the stadium every home match (100% full)

2. Need to have at least 20mill + to be able to afford the new stadium and not go bankrupt.

3. it would also help if you were in the Premiership for at least a season in order not to lose money.

Everyone is right what they said. The bigger question that you haven't asked yet I will give you the answer too. Question is when should you build a new stadium. Answer is not for a couple of years. Reason why is if you can expand the stadium, do that as many times as you can, and never ask to build a new stadium. Reason why is despite it costing a couple of million each time to add X amount of seats to the stadium it is better this year, and when the time comes when you have a decent amount of finances the board will automatically build a new one.

Example A: Your team is at 12,750. You have say two more options to expand it taking it to around 20K-25K seater. After three years your finances are in good shape (you will have to have close to 100 million like hyfc said) and the board will take out a loan of X amount to build a stadium that holds 45K-50K seater. You have to wait at least 20 years to have better finances to build the next stadium.

Example B: Team is at 12,750. You had the option to expand, but you choose to build a new stadium. Your finances are good and they decided to build one. It will mostly only be around 25K-30K since your balance is low and then you still have to wait around 20 years to build a new stadium if your finances are good. Sure the results will add more revenue faster this way, but in the long haul example A is better. You get a bigger stadium, less money on a loan if you let the board decide when to build a new stadium than you asking for it.

O.K Thanks for the reply guys, I think I will ask for expansion at the end of the season, rather then the new stadium.

After preseason I should have a balance of 35 million at a guess made up of ~10million balance, + ~5mill for league position + ~20mill tv money (If you think I am wrong on these let me know)
Reckon if I spend around 15 - 20 million I could qualify for europe (althought this could work out bad given my small squad due to wages). My 3 Year Main Kit sponsor for 3 years of 250k per year expires at end of season, I reckon I shoulld get something like 1 mill a year for this (again If you have a better guess let me know) Meaning I should be able to afford extra 17k a week wages, which should cover a first team player and a squad player).
Also my expanded stadium which is also selling out means I make around 2.5 mill a month.

So this should leave me with 20 million in the bank, which I would guess should be enough to get expansion work agreed.
Does anyone have ideas about cost per seat, or how many 20mill would normally get you?

Also it should mean by the begining of the following season I could have 60+ million for further expansion/team building, and then a couple of years on enough for a new stadium.

For 20M I got a stadium with around 20,000 seats which has been expanded over the seasons to 32,500. The club in this situation decided to build a new stadium without me asking.

You may get more seating/ involvement in building if you request a new stadium at the end of the season from what I have read.