What flavour pasta sauce?

camgray

Reaction score
Thinking about cooking some pasta, not sure whether to opt for tomato and basil sauce or creamy mushroom. See I like both but i dont know which my heart would want me too choose.

Regards and congratulations

I had tomato and basil in my save (er, pasta) but it was a massive disappointment and I ended up giving it to a homeless guy on a free transfer.

If you have the budget I would go for creamy mushroom, just be wary of midfield congestion.

Fry chicken ******* (strips) in olive oil, garlic, thyme (spices, s&p) then add finely diced onions (1/4 enough for 2 people) squeeze of lemon and a dash of good white win (sav blanc or chardonnay) leave to evaporate before removing from pan once cooked

add sliced portabellini mushrooms and a **** of butter with more thyme and garlic, fry until soft (add to chicken)

in a seperate pan, make a roux (butter/flour) add milk slowly, stir until all lumps removed (season with white pepper and salt) then add 2 heaped tbls of Dijon Mustard, 250 ml of fresh cream and a lot of grated parmesan and chopped chives

add everything to the sauce and leave to simmer for 5 minutes

serve with fresh (imported) tagliatelle, parmesan and chopped chives

you will not get a better pasta than that mate :) its my specialty!

Cooking Manager 2013? I recommend not bringing in Gordon Ramsey, as he will often create disorder in your cooking squad.

More of a basil pesto man myself used to make about 30 of those a night when I was a chef so put me off a bit think i'll have that for my tea today

extremely valueble advice 'dished' out among this post (see what I did there?)

In the end I just got a McDonalds, but thanks anyway.

Thankyou and good luck on your journeys

Prefer the thicker/richer cream based sauces here... more so to do with the massive hurt box I dig myself into with Hockey or Cycling.

Sat should be another session where I end up spelunking in the pain cave and drop my flashlight. 3 hours climbing hills followed by another flat out hockey match in the evening. Will probably eat out the whole pantry that night. Rinse and repeat Sunday.

you will not get a better pasta than that mate :) its my specialty!

Sure you can... just not at home.
Best for me is still the single duck ravioli served during a degustation at Balzac's.
I still feel partly responsible for the mess it made in my pants.

Cooking Manager 2013? I recommend not bringing in Gordon Ramsey, as he will often create disorder in your cooking squad.

Nigella Lucy Lawson: Attributes

Aggression: 2
Antipasta: 16
Bravery: 12
Composition: 14
Concentrate: 9
Creativity: 17
Decisions: 18
Determination: 15
Fwooooaaarrrrr: 297
etc.