what happened to sergio asenjo?

I believe he was injured for a while, came back while de Gea was in his prime, and never won his place back

I believe this was the case last season., I think Asenjo and Franco who I believe was the back up keeper were injured. They had to throw De Gea into the deepend and he showed his potential. Spain are just lucky they have so many great keepers, Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes, Diego Lopez, Sergio Asengo and David De Gea are just the names I can remember and all of them are top class keepers

As for John Fleck, I reckon as a Rangers fan, he has been overrated by the Scottish press but according to Murray Park Jamie Ness is the best prospect coming from that generation of Murray Park

Spain are just lucky they have so many great keepers, Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes, Diego Lopez, Sergio Asengo and David De Gea are just the names I can remember and all of them are top class keepers
not forgetting pepe riena ;)

If De Gea dosnt move in Summer Asenjo will likely sign for Malaga on a permenant contract. Going off topic for a second, I predict malaga to get a Europa place in 2011/2012 season.

If De Gea dosnt move in Summer Asenjo will likely sign for Malaga on a permenant contract. Going off topic for a second, I predict malaga to get a Europa place in 2011/2012 season. Incredible things going on their atm with Pellegrini in charge.

Spain are just lucky they have so many great keepers, Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes, Diego Lopez, Sergio Asengo and David De Gea are just the names I can remember and all of them are top class keepers
not forgetting pepe riena ;)

I picked him up on a free on FM11 and he makes for a brilliant backup now.

If De Gea dosnt move in Summer Asenjo will likely sign for Malaga on a permenant contract. Going off topic for a second, I predict malaga to get a Europa place in 2011/2012 season. Incredible things going on their atm with Pellegrini in charge.

Well, they do have the spending power. The sides outside of Spain's top 7/8 are pretty poor so I would predict the same.

On my first Save with Man City Arsenal bought Asenjo and he is doing really well as their No1.

Signed him for free on my Spurs save and he's just decent. Sometimes make stupid mistake but I think his major weakness is his aerial ability

He is still a good cheap buy on FM, good for teams who are aiming for Europe buit dont have too much funds to spare although he has been eclipsed by David de Gea

Meh won't recommend him at all just make a stupid mistake against Wolves, causing 2 goals but thankfully we won it!

De Gea is better i think thats about it haha

Sorry for the bump but... lol de Gea is having a terrible match today. Horrible goalkeeping, which is very strange in him.