what has been your biggest challenge?

The_pete2

Reaction score
I've just got celta promoted to liga bbva, and have been handed a transfer budget of 1.5m and total wage budget of 132k a week to try and avoid relegation!

What has been your biggest test so far on FM2010? any epic feats of survival?

The test : Could I stay at Celtic after three seasons, having won Champs League, World Club (once each) and three domestic trebles, when Man U came in and offered me a job with a transfer budget of 40M?

I stayed

i get too attached to the team im managing so i dont usually accept job offers. got offered the roma job on my celta game, and really shouldve taken it!

The test : Could I stay at Celtic after three seasons, having won Champs League, World Club (once each) and three domestic trebles, when Man U came in and offered me a job with a transfer budget of 40M?

I stayed

which season did u win champs league in? Got any screenshots of team etc

Having managed Juventus for six years now and having been contemplating whether or not to leave the club after two trophyless years and speculations that I would be leaving the club has really made it a challenge.

I am currently leading the table in my sixth season of being the Juventus boss and already looking to regain silverware.Small signings and a huge building in squad harmony is what has led to the team being as strong as it is,even if we haven't won the league in two years.Infact,last year,the final game decided whether or not we would of won the league.We drew and Fiorentina won it by a point.

I've always wanted to go and successfully manage Arsenal.Last year Arsenal finished 13th and Wenger was sacked.The then-Wigan manager took over and now they are currently two places below where they were last season.

I recently signed a new three-year contract with the club but I have been wanting to leave for sometime,but I also feel it would be disloyal to the team and fans to do so.So it's a challenge within itself.

@theburningred wow impressive mate, well done. my biggest challenge probably trying to keep charlton in the prem with 0 budget. not that hard i know but i tend to go for easy challenges as im a **** manager :)

To get Danny Graham to score for me.

It's impossible! Target doesn't work.

@theburningred wow impressive mate, well done. my biggest challenge probably trying to keep charlton in the prem with 0 budget. not that hard i know but i tend to go for easy challenges as im a **** manager :)

Cheers mate. It was actually horrendously boring to watch. But it netted me a transfer budget of £28M the next season, in which I got to the semi final, losing to Inter on away goals, and this season they gave me £48M

Probably my Radcliffe borough challenge, i got them into league 2 from the unibond 1st division in consecutive seasons until my save corrupted and all was lost :(

Probably my Radcliffe borough challenge, i got them into league 2 from the unibond 1st division in consecutive seasons until my save corrupted and all was lost :(

ah gutting that used to happen to me, so i changed to the 3 file rolling save thingy, that way if one file corrupts, at least there is a back-up.

And also, congrats burningred! winning champs league with celtic is quite an achievement!

I once had a Southampton save from which I was promoted as champion of League 1, then the next season I was runner up to West Brom. And finally i finished 11th in the first season. The Challenge: Trying to not sell my star striker who became so close to my heart, I did eventually but it was for the best he then finished as Dundee Uniteds top scorer. I also had to reject several job offers from clubs such as Catania, Lisbon and Man Utd

i get like that all the time, too attached to players and too attached to teams. I could never sell Kikin Fonseca on my leeds save even when he'd totally lost it and was about 36

theres no room for sentiment in the world of football :p but ye I agree and have done similar things. (never got rid of Carragher, released him at end of 4th season in FM 10 and then hired him as a coach! :D)

Getting San Marino club Libertas into the Champions League group stages. Took something like 20 years :mad:

now that is dedication! are you still playing that save at the moment?

Getting San Marino club Libertas into the Champions League group stages. Took something like 20 years
xd.gif

Awesome !!!

if people could post screenshots to back their claims up that would be cool, just in case there are doubters