What has Football Manager done to your life?

Reaction score
We all love the game, some of us play it regularly (myself) but can get off it.

But I wan't to hear about you that actually cannot get off it, I've heard some hilarious stories of what it has done to people, some are quite scary.

Has FM ****** up your life?

Well, I now get to the point, where I dream about FM, about the best players at my club, especially this guy:

View attachment 273488

He haunts me... He (and the fact that I will be having my son soon) makes me not want to leave Liverpool. His face... says it all.

The other day I was playing FM while the wife watched soaps and what not.

She said I was too addicted to this game and I needed to stop so I told her I would come off after the next game.

It's been 3 days, I'm still on FM....there is also no dinner on the table so I assume she left...but it's OK I found a nice Kazakhstan Newgen

1236686008009.jpg

Was an hour till school. Thought why not play some Football Manager. Opened it up and started playing. Left for school the next day..

Is it true that fm has been stated in people divorce procedings before?

Is it true that fm has been stated in people divorce procedings before?

I've heard it's been responsible for 35! Some guy took his wife to Bulgaria for their honey moon and the reason he wanted to go there was to watch the Bulgarian team he had managed play in real life! haha

I've heard it's been responsible for 35! Some guy took his wife to Bulgaria for their honey moon and the reason he wanted to go there was to watch the Bulgarian team he had managed play in real life! haha
really? Only 35??? Lol.
What a honeymoon, haha

Have you ever read the book about this? Think i may have to get hold of a copy.
My missus normally asks if im coming to bed (around 10, we have young children who wake during the night) ill say ya just gona finish this game (havent started the match im about 3days away) then 4 hours later i stroll up to bed woops

It ***** up my job commitments. But its ok cos FM is much better/more enjoyable than my job.

FM12, 13, 14 and now 15 seriously affected my last relationship (ended in early January) and my relations with my family. Also been having dreams about a certain West Brom save.

I believe FM to be responsible for my 2 year old daughters new found independence.

Once I start it up, she's on her own. I think it has been great for her development, at least that's what I tell the missus!

The other night she managed to colour half of our 62" flat screen tele in crayon before I even noticed. Its alright though, I wasn't watching it. :p

Could a father of the year award be on the horizon?

More likely the 36th FM related divorce!

Oh well, as long as I get custody of the computer i'll be fine! ;)

Not much... I play games when I feel like it, I don't feel addicted to FM15 like I did with FM14 because all that's new is a new layout. I don't exactly use many of the new features. Same old every year now.

Anyone who's ever played FM have/will develop(ed) some kind of addiction, some mild and some serious :) That's why we love it, once you start, you don't want to stop, which have resultet in a lot of awesome hours in front of the screen. Because, at the end of the day, FM is the greatest game ever!

Don't get me wrong I have had 8 hour marathons on it before, but that's only been if I've had nothing to do, it never seems to take over my life! Well apart from being late getting ready now and again, but nothing major!

Nevertheless, I'm loving these stories! Lippo's is winning atm though!

I cant wait until the mrs goes to bed so i can stick FM on for a bit. She always says 'you coming to bed?' and i think to myself 'Woman are you mad, ive got 12 hours left until this window closes, you are getting nothing from me tonight'

I was playing FM next to my fiancée when she was in labour. I think I was gripping her hand harder then she was mine because I had a Europa League semi-final penalty shoot-out going on at the time...