Player roles:

View attachment 369143

Shouts used:

View attachment 369145

Team settings:

View attachment 369146

Results:

View attachment 369144

As you can see, I have picked non playmaker roles, in order to keep mentalities equall. The roles and duties are exactly as they should be for this formation and Barcelona players. The mentality is same for the whole team, with very fluid philosophy, however they are set more discplined with creativity, so they follow orders. Tempo is low, as it should be with a possession based tactic. Width is as narrow as can be for control strategy, so pressing is efficient and since the formation utilises only one striker, it would not be a good idea to go wide. Passing is mixed, so the team uses the whole pitch, just like Barca does. Crossing is set to drill, so that small striker is the target. Hw scores hat tricks easily with this tactic, and he is set to attack duty, which requires balance and not strength as the primary atribute, which suits both villa and messi. Anyway, to make a long story short, this is as close as you can get to Barcelona tactic in FM, or at least I think so, and I have had some great results with it, although it still needs further testing. I have used Everton as a testing ground for it, and they do not have that many players with good flair, off the ball, decisions, techinique and first touch, and those attributes are primary for almost whole team. I have signed leon britton for 5m and petter whittingham for 7m and sold fellaini. Those two players I have purchased after having them filtered out. I clicked on xavi, iniesta and busquettes, and then on find similar players, and these two were affordable, so I recommend you sign them aswell, if you really want possession football. Or of course, someone else with required attributes I mentioned above. You don't need to use any shouts or anything, the tactic is plug'n'play.

Version 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nl14lyqc1b8xsg5/FC_Barcelona.tac

Version 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3vzlllv03v13bd/FC_Barcelona_Tiki_Taka.tac

Version 3:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wl22vdvbgt7gjjm/FC_Barcelona(3).tac

Version 4:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6aj2aydjw05enrn/

Version 5:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ojcu7ne998o3v2u/

Last edited:
Team training fitness during pre season, tactic during season until they are fluid and team cohesion if it is low, then ball control. Match prepartion leave to assistant or defensive set pieces (since it is utilising zonal marking), Opposition instructions none or leave to assistant, or as you wish...

Last edited:
@Igneos79 change the name of this thread so it gets more views and replies because this tactic deserves its. I used it the last 4 league games in my first season and scored 12 and conceded 0. Thats not a miracle but beating Real in the CL final with 3-0 with 3 CCC and 6 half chances and them 0 of both its pretty amazing.

hey skiper, what match prep did you use, and did you use any shouts/OI?

what type of striker did you find worked best, and what type of CM's did you use, as well as what type of wide attacking players (did you use ox on left, lamela on right, or right footed right left footed left)?

thanks

@Igneos79 change the name of this thread so it gets more views and replies because this tactic deserves its. I used it the last 4 league games in my first season and scored 12 and conceded 0. Thats not a miracle but beating Real in the CL final with 3-0 with 3 CCC and 6 half chances and them 0 of both its pretty amazing.
What team did you use?

hey skiper, what match prep did you use, and did you use any shouts/OI?

what type of striker did you find worked best, and what type of CM's did you use, as well as what type of wide attacking players (did you use ox on left, lamela on right, or right footed right left footed left)?

thanks

My match prep:
View attachment 369473

I used shouts suggested by tactic creator (I think they are really useful). Didnt use any OI.

My team:
View attachment 369474

I used Reus/Lamela on left and Walcott/Ox on right.
Both Giroud (32 goals in 38 games) and Suarez (25 goals in 46 games) were great despite being I believe different type of strikers.

worth to mention, that I started using this tactic not from the very beginning of the season, so I had to use those players that I had.

sorry for my english :) Cheers

Skiper, those are some stunning results mate. Especially against the bigger teams.

Might try this tactic soon!

I have continued to tweak the tactic throught the season, and managed to end up first until 2nd transfer window. I also managed to get into the final of capital one cup by beating chelsea. I was pretty cool with the tactic at the begining, but then I noticed I don't have much possession. So went on to tweak possession by increasing width (still using mixed passing) so deselected the play narrow shout, and I have increased tackling aggressivenes. Now I have more possession then opponent even in away games. I am also trying to implement a creator into the midfield, since I have two passers and one destroyer, and CM - attack seems to fit fine. It requires creativity, and he is supposed to do the same as the box to box except defend. I still have to see if it is better with him, or with two box to box players.

Anyway here are the screenies:

View attachment 369592

View attachment 369593

And here is that changed tactic:

FC Barcelona Tiki Taka.tac

I dont vouch for it, but you may try your luck with it...

test

sum very good results i see will have a go with this tatic and will give my feedback as soon as i can