What if you won Euro Millions?

SteVieBizzLe

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has made a thread like this before but I was wondering if any of you guys won the Euro Millions (say around £100m) would you buy your local team?

Personally I would buy my local team, Stockport County. Once a half decent team but lead to the depths of the English football pyramid. I would invest heavily in the training and youth facilities and hold regular 'open trials' to comb through local youngsters.

I would make a decent wage budget available for both Staff and Players to help stem the high turnover of both at the lower level. Basically, give them an really strong foundation to build from.

All the while I would be working towards getting my coaching badges so I could take over as manager and lead them to Champions League glory :D

What team would you buy?

My local team is MCFC.. i could buy a parking spot?

Nope.. if you bought a Football Club you would be hemorrhaging money if you don't have the income to cover for those losses

Nope.. if you bought a Football Club you would be hemorrhaging money if you don't have the income to cover for those losses

Oh, hello Captain Killjoy. Was wondering when you would turn up.

It's all hypothetical and anecdotal, try and have some fun.

Preston North End are my local team, looks like we are going up hopefully!

I would just pump money into the team I actually manage IRL! Charity starts at home haha

Oh, hello Captain Killjoy. Was wondering when you would turn up.

It's all hypothetical and anecdotal, try and have some fun.

Stockort, harmmorraging money out of £100mil.... ???

clearly he knows his stuff. :p

You could buy a local team here in Namibia, cost you about 100 000 Euro to buy and that amount per year to run. So keep me in mind when you guys win :) Also studying towards my local tickets, working my way up to CAF (Confederation of African Football). Our current national manager admitted in local media that he played football manager before he became a full time manager.

Personally I would move as I don't want to buy Norwich City, Delia can keep them.

Personally I would move as I don't want to buy Norwich City, Delia can keep them.

dont blame ya mate, who would want to buy them!?!
Not that im an ipswich fan or anything ;-)

Stockort, harmmorraging money out of £100mil.... ???

clearly he knows his stuff. :p

Not as well as you know your grammar.

Also i'm talking in general.. Sports clubs in general are just a way for bored , rich people to spend their money, they ain't getting anything back though..

Maybe get yourself into Economics School and we can talk

Well my local teams value is "estimated" at 625k, Id probably buy it then put about 20mill into it then leave it be, besides I want a Ferrari and a house in LA :p

Not as well as you know your grammar.

Also i'm talking in general.. Sports clubs in general are just a way for bored , rich people to spend their money, they ain't getting anything back though..

Maybe get yourself into Economics School and we can talk

Speaking of grammar, 'they ain't getting anything back though' doesn't exactly scream privately educated to me

I have often thought whether this would be something I would do, most of my local teams are not far short of Sunday League standard so it would take some serious funds and effort to get them to a successful state. More importantly, if you did buy your local side, would you make yourself the new number 9?

My place of birth is Plymouth and I'd definitely try to do something there!

Speaking of grammar, 'they ain't getting anything back though' doesn't exactly scream privately educated to me

It's okay, he uses horrible punctuation!

Last edited:
Moved to correct section, please check where you are posting before making a topic.