What is completing the game?

nuttywray

nutter
Reaction score
What would you guys say is completing the game! Me and my mate was discussing this cause well in FM doesnt really end (or if its does then fair enough, never got that far)

What achievements do you want to have to say "yer i've completed that game."

Just like to know your thoughts on what you all think!

maybie winning the world cup with a low rated team like croatia or russia or sumit like that maybie and obviosly winning league titles and cups along the way

I don't think you can ever 'complete it' but thats the fun of the game just setting your own goals and trying to live up to them.

I don't think you can ever 'complete it' but thats the fun of the game just setting your own goals and trying to live up to them.

ye thats totally right, thats what i think it is as well

true, but all in all, the greatest accomplishment would be to manage a team to every possible cup win they can, then move to an international side and take the job of a country and win also. as the same manager.
Then return back to your previous club and continue winning!

(in my opinion anyway)

I once did this with leeds UTD in a previous champ manager game a looong time ago ;) took alot of work and stress to get teams to perform that well, it was enjoyable but too much hard work for me. This, to me, felt like the greatest accomplishment... but it was far too tiring

So nowadays i set myself the simple task of doing what the board asks of me each season. :] And trying to improve the squad each year.

Last edited:
You dont complete it :p

If I ever feel ive achieve all I can at a club I move to another

theres is no completing football manager, you could go as far until you get bored i suppose? :p

You dont complete it :p

If I ever feel ive achieve all I can at a club I move to another

yeah same here, i like to bounce from struggling club to struggling club turning them round and making them good, so its pretty infinite for me - although top of the hall of fame isnt bad

This is my first FM and to complete it for me will to achieve league dominace in two generations of players (much Like SAF at United). Hopefully winning the league with Sunderland and then doing so with a team of regens in say 10 -12 seasons time. Just starting over with the new patch now.

^^ agreed

there isn't such thing as completing it to me....maybe when my computer dies or i'm so far in the game lags ttm but that's it...or getting bored...but then it's time to start a new one

I agree that there is no such thing as completing it. This is my first experience on the FM series, but I used to play CM 03/04 quite a lot. I took Leigh RMI from the Conference to the Premiership and have ended up playing for about 15 seasons. I probably would still be playing it now except my old laptop broke and I lost all my data.

Last edited:
well if you cant complete it, then what is the furthest anyone has got?

Just a thought to put a spin on this thread. How many seasons has your longest game been? (either FM or CM) I think I've got to about 2018 playing CM 03/04. Just wondering if anyone had gone much further than that, because I started noticing a lot of bugs the further I got into the game.

I saw a guy was in 2127 i think. something crazy like that anyway

Starting from the bottom, unemployed and becoming no.1 on hall of fame

Winning every title with one team. Once you do that you go to another team and do the same. And when you do that you go to another team and so on until you've done that with every team :p