ltfcwoody

Reaction score
Everbody on this site is complaining the game is too hard. i cant see what is wrong with it i think it may be harder than previous games but not unrealisticly hard. im playing as portsmouth and after 29 games im 17th and portsmouth are 15th in league one atm so it is not that far from real.

Everbody on this site is complaining the game is too hard. i cant see what is wrong with it i think it may be harder than previous games but not unrealisticly hard. im playing as portsmouth and after 29 games im 17th and portsmouth are 15th in league one atm so it is not that far from real.

using your theory we can distinguish how hard/easy something is by using one example.

maybe you are doing what is expected, but a lot of others arent.

or maybe you are better at the game.........who knows

I dont think that game is hard, but there are defence and gk problems. I dont want to concede stupid goals.

point taken im just saying from my point of view it is not overly hard and i have struggled with other football manager games.

People are mainly complaining about some bugs within the ME which is affecting gameplay a bit, but they are being sorted out anyway. And some people complain about the game when losing a couple of matches when using a new tactic introduced to the team-lack of patience. There's a lot more work involved in this, and some are simply not prepared to give it a chance and prefer to complain lots. And when there are bugs found, instead of reporting it on the SI forums complain here instead.

I agree that it is harder but not to the point where it's virtually unplayable, which some people say it is. People wanted it to be a bit more of a challenge-but now aren't prepared to give it a chance (not everyone though I hasten to add)

I dont think that game is hard, but there are defence and gk problems. I dont want to concede stupid goals.

i agree i do concede a lot of stupid goals and defending is hard but but i thought that was because i had a awful defence at portsmouth

point taken im just saying from my point of view it is not overly hard and i have struggled with other football manager games.

yeah it seems youre doing well, i wish i could lol. im so annoyed with the game, i just want to get a nice file going.

i find myself pulling my hair out at how bad my defending is, its never been like this.

ill wake up tomorrow morning and start a new file and hopefully get somewhere.

good luck with pompey, i contemplated a file with them but chose preston instead.

People are mainly complaining about some bugs within the ME which is affecting gameplay a bit, but they are being sorted out anyway. And some people complain about the game when losing a couple of matches when using a new tactic introduced to the team-lack of patience. There's a lot more work involved in this, and some are simply not prepared to give it a chance and prefer to complain lots. And when there are bugs found, instead of reporting it on the SI forums complain here instead.

that is what i basically trying to say because the game only came out yesterday and people are saying they cant play it because it is unplayable.

I agree that it is harder but not to the point where it's virtually unplayable, which some people say it is. People wanted it to be a bit more of a challenge-but now aren't prepared to give it a chance (not everyone though I hasten to add)

Exactly right, there is a problem with defence and GK atm, hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

There are problems with some of the defending but it doesn't feel like it's as bad as it was..
I think a lot of people though (not everybody) aren't used to having to look that little bit harder to find a winning formula and so are throwing their toys out of the pram after a few defeats and under performing. Everyone was crying out for realism, that's what we've been given.

There are problems with some of the defending but it doesn't feel like it's as bad as it was..
I think a lot of people though (not everybody) aren't used to having to look that little bit harder to find a winning formula and so are throwing their toys out of the pram after a few defeats and under performing. Everyone was crying out for realism, that's what we've been given.

And not forgetting the FMC mode for people who find it too hard aswell. SI have gone out of their way to cater for everyone. I have a feeling this version is going to be very hard to top

yeah 100% agree i spend a while finding the right tactic and even longer finding players to fit in the tactic and a lot of people are so used to the easier game of the past that they dont want it to be harder even though thats what they asked sports interactive for.

My main problem so far are teams like Sunderland and WBA playing mind blowing one touch football. However I'm starting to come round to the idea that this year i may need 4 different tactics and will actually need to research my opponent and pay attention to my staff ALOT more.

I just don't get how counter-attacks and crosses became so lethal when you're playing a top Brazilian 1st division team against a 4th division one who also likes to employ tiki-taka and shots 20 times at the goal. And I tried every kind of tactic, ranging from employing a sweeper to packing the attack to find a solution, but the few mistakes your defenders make (mainly the fullbacks - they seem useless unless you're pushing them up) will make you pay. Worst of all, there's no "tight marking" or "closing down" that will solve your trouble.

It's the first time I've bought FM ahead of the usual piracy and it's getting too frustrating, to the level that I'm regretting not waiting for a crack to test it first. Hopefully SI will eventually solve the problem with defenders standing outside the box and not even trying to tackle the opponent who's been preparing the shot for hours.

I just don't get how counter-attacks and crosses became so lethal when you're playing a top Brazilian 1st division team against a 4th division one who also likes to employ tiki-taka and shots 20 times at the goal. And I tried every kind of tactic, ranging from employing a sweeper to packing the attack to find a solution, but the few mistakes your defenders make (mainly the fullbacks - they seem useless unless you're pushing them up) will make you pay. Worst of all, there's no "tight marking" or "closing down" that will solve your trouble.

It's the first time I've bought FM ahead of the usual piracy and it's getting too frustrating, to the level that I'm regretting not waiting for a crack to test it first. Hopefully SI will eventually solve the problem with defenders standing outside the box and not even trying to tackle the opponent who's been preparing the shot for hours.

Firstly don't be a mug. Piracy costs SI money. Why do you think they brought in purchasable unlockables? Because of those scumbags at Skidrow and other scumbag pirates cracking the game so people can get the game for nothing, while myself and others pay for it. It's because of pirates that they chose Steam for this and it's worked. They get the torrent but don't get the full benefits and it crashes quite a bit which makes me happy. If I and other people can save up for it and pay there's virtually no excuse whatsoever why other people can't. It's a luxury. If they can't afford it either a) don't buy it or b) save up like I did.

But re: the bugs/flaws there are hotfixes/patches being worked on to resolve the issues. Until then, study tactics, team formations, player suitability for the formations, everything. I had to and it's working out fine.

Good luck

Firstly don't be a mug. Piracy costs SI money. Why do you think they brought in purchasable unlockables? Because of those scumbags at Skidrow and other scumbag pirates cracking the game so people can get the game for nothing, while myself and others pay for it. It's because of pirates that they chose Steam for this and it's worked. They get the torrent but don't get the full benefits and it crashes quite a bit which makes me happy. If I and other people can save up for it and pay there's virtually no excuse whatsoever why other people can't. It's a luxury. If they can't afford it either a) don't buy it or b) save up like I did.

But re: the bugs/flaws there are hotfixes/patches being worked on to resolve the issues. Until then, study tactics, team formations, player suitability for the formations, everything. I had to and it's working out fine.

Good luck

You didn't get the point: I actually buy the copies year in year out, but I don't do it on the release day like I did this year. I know they lose a lot with piracy but as flawed as it gets, it has worked for me to lower expectations or such before going gung-ho on it.

And as I don't have time for that kind of studying, I think I'll just wait for the hotfixes, patches and such. Fortunately I'm in a position where I can afford this luxury; I'm just vocalizing my frustration the way many already did.

You didn't get the point: I actually buy the copies year in year out, but I don't do it on the release day like I did this year. I know they lose a lot with piracy but as flawed as it gets, it has worked for me to lower expectations or such before going gung-ho on it.

And as I don't have time for that kind of studying, I think I'll just wait for the hotfixes, patches and such. Fortunately I'm in a position where I can afford this luxury; I'm just vocalizing my frustration the way many already did.

In that case I apologise, didn't mean to get the wrong impression.

But with regards to this years release, yes there are bugs/flaws, but SI are working flat out to correct them. It's a case where some people have them, others don't unfortunately.

:) I see everyone crying about how they concede a goal that they should not concede.
I dont see them writing I won in min 90 because they'r gk missed the ball.
This flaw works both ways. Exploit it for your own needs if you can't go around it.
But i am sure you can. I can, so why wouldn't others be able to?
So far( i am psg ) i have done 3 seasons with TBH tactics ( won all 3 / 1UCL ) / 1 with Raikan's tactic ( 1st place , win UCL ) and 1 With Zero Sea's fight for Athen ( 2nd place - ) and 3 seasons with my own tactics. ( 3 win's and 2 UCL ).
So the complains are totaly pointless. The ME may not be perfect , but it works.

I'm still making up my mind about the ME. So far, I've noticed the same thing a lot of other people noticed: goals are too easily conceded. Especially against lesser opponents. However, that was what pre-season was like for me. The season itself has just started and I'm currently top of the BPL with Everton after three games (all three wins, 7 goals scored, 1 conceded).
What does annoy me though, is the feeling I get that you absolutely have to follow the backroom staff's advice about the formation and it seems like you should keep the team instructions close to default as well. Basically, it seems to me that the way to success is to put in very little personal touches, whereas my personal touch was often what made the difference in FM12. I'm still experimenting with tactics because I do want to put in more personal touches. I want my team to be playing the way I think the game should be played. I'm having some success (mind you, only 3 games in of course) but it's not with my kind of football.

So as I said, still making my mind up about the ME, but the interface really isn't an improvement to me. I find it slightly unorderly. It's pretty, but I don't find it to be handy. I'm getting more used to it, but it somehow feels a bit obscure and I liked the look and lay-out of the previous titles better. Also, I've never been a real fan of the shouts and of the 'modern' tactics system (I usually converted to classic on FM12) because the wordings are slightly vague and I feel like the classic tactics give me much more (quantized) control. But I am yet to test the classic tactics in FM13. Maybe that's also a way to get my own philosophy to work for the team...

Hahahaha, so you call REALISM, when every team plays like Barcelona even with ****** players and Stoke, Wigan are winning PL or Champions league, what a realism !!!