Reaction score
Exactly what do we have to do to get a decent performance out of them?

Fed up of EVERY full back, no matter how I play him or how good he is, being the weak link! In games where they score a low rating there is just NO reason why the rating should be so low!

SI were supposed to have improved their ratings for full backs!

i have mine as limited full backs and they do just fine, they defend and place tasty through balls and get 6.8-7/5 ratings per match for me.

So do I but after a few good games I now get a report every game about how bad a FB is playing. This is on 14.2 btw.

what are your training schedules? level of training? and same for individual training and level of training, wht are the players work rate/ team work and consistency like etc?

They are fine. I'm quite an expert after about 15 years of playing CM/FM. There is no reason at all for these stupidly low ratings.

does it happen every new game? or just the current team? have to ask the obvious questions, you see, i have been playing since CM 4 and all these new kids come in, always having issues, so never really know where to start except the beginning he.

In every game no matter the team, tactic or player the full backs get awful awful ratings after a few games. Then the press and ex-players start going on about their poor form.

I've even watched games in full and nothing deserves these poor ratings.

hmmm, strange... what you could try is set your keeper to distribute to defenders, or make it a specific defender, ie a fullback, have them set on support and see how they fair that way? could be that they possibly just get complacement and don't pay attention? it does sound odd, new one to me!

Already on that with the GK. From match stats it was obvious really to distribute to defenders.

My fullback was Player of the season in EPL, Azpilicueta from Chelsea. Fired in a lot assists, was one of my best players defensively, highest rated player in whole decision. The other fullback was Ryan fking Bertrand, even he had decent rating, previous year Cole was solid defensively, although was poor going forward.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

hmmm, strange... what you could try is set your keeper to distribute to defenders, or make it a specific defender, ie a fullback, have them set on support and see how they fair that way? could be that they possibly just get complacement and don't pay attention? it does sound odd, new one to me!

Funnily enough just been using your LLM442 tactic. Full backs again get awful ratings. Have no idea why because checking the game and stats they don't deserve the bad ratings.

strange, must say never have had that issue personally, maybe you just got unlucky :(

hope the tactic of mine is going ok for you though otherwise.

My fullbacks play well and get good ratings. This is not a universal problem,and is most likely caused by your tactics or by the lack of quality fullbacks.

My fullbacks play well and get good ratings. This is not a universal problem,and is most likely caused by your tactics or by the lack of quality fullbacks.

not the tactics, if he has used different tactics in different games, maybe just a bug more than likely if it occurs no matter what tactic or players you have.

You are not reading properly what I am trying to say. The tactic and standard of player is irrelevant. Things are OK until after a few games then a full back will have an "unjustified" bad rating. Then his ratings remain bad. No other positions other than full back does this.

my 1st season, my full backs was terrible too. 2nd season improved, but now this season, they all averages 7.4+..

It also depends on your tactic, if your Fullbacks are your only wide players, them you need to choose apt role for them. I have my fullbacks on Wing Back (support) in a 4-3-3 formation because of Anchor Man. In 4-2-3-1 I use Full Back (auto).

Again, I'm, not encountering that many problems with fullbacks. I use them as CWB though, and they've been generally excellent. Luke Shaw and Alex Sandro both have been very, very good. Phil Jones on the right has been simply outstanding, and was the only one from my team, who made it to 'Team of the Year', clocking an average of around 7.98 in the season. United bought Gino Peruzzi, and he's been tremendous, getting an average of around 7.64.

On the other hand, Callum Chambers and Nathaniel Clyne were both disappointments at FB, so it's a mixed bag. But the FB problem is definitely not as horrible as it was when the game first came out..

Azpilicueta and Cole always get 7.20's for me minimum. Even when Bertrand plays he gets in the 7's. Make sure your player instructions suite your style of play and players strengths.