What is the best way to do PreSeason?

Forder22

Reaction score
Looking through a number of forums i have picked up some ideas but wanted to know what everyone else does.

With training i set it to Fitness for the first two weeks and then team cohesion for the rest of pre season.

With friendlies i just play which ever friendlies are arranged but someone said to cancel all of them and arrange my own against a lot weaker teams to increase morale.

Opinions?

I tend to do as many friendlies as I can, I try playing big teams away from home and little teams too.
The big teams gain big income for me and the little teams are just shooting practice essentially, need to do fitness which I agree with and cohesion if you get new players in but don't forget tactics.. you must get your team fluid with them to be successful in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However tactics in general training don't have anything to do with tactic familiarity, but with training the mental attributes. For that, tactics only from match preparation and more time dedicated to that in the balance between general training and match training.

I do more or less like the OP does, but I like to put in a few teams of similar or greater strength; the former to have a better idea in preseason of how the tactics would be working once in the league, the later for income and to have a valid test of the giant killing tactic.

I like to go for an extended pre season, normally 5 or 6 weeks, and drill them on tactics training until they become fluid, then team cohesion training for the rest of the season unless we need to go back to tactics after any Jan transfers.

I arrange the friendlies myself, starting off with playing the under 19's then the under 21's, then I tend to send my team on tour, or play my affiliates if we can't find a decent tour, before arranging lots of high profile games, away to bring in money and at home to try and reward the fans, and also because sometimes a home game will make you more money.

Then the last game will always be against the same small, local club, alternating home and away each year, or on my current game I'll play them again as the last warmup fixture before we resume after the winter break. the idea behind it is we get to thump a local opponant and we gain a morale boost while they gain a bigger income then they'd normally hope to get by playing against us.

I let my assistant take control of the games though as he does a better job than me at rotating the squad and making sure they are all ready for the new season.

I normally don't worry about setting fitness training as I make sure the squad plays enough games to get fit that way and my reserves and youth teams also get a fairlyheavy schedule so there's always extra games there if anyone needs them.

I put mine at Team Cohesion for the whole pre-season.
Select my own opponent in friendlies, I usually start off with the U21 or U19
I like to play most of my games away. the 2nd, 3rd friendlies are usually against smaller team then moving on to similar reputation teams then higher reputation then moving down the reputations again. 2 days reset between friendlies.

One week before the season start, I will play a home game, usually against either affiliated teams or nearby team.

Start of game - start with Germany to get extended pre-season. Else around 6 weeks of pre-season.