What is the best way to keep everyone match fit?

MLC7

Reaction score
Because the way I have been doing it on previous FM's seems really stupid

Because the way I have been doing it on previous FM's seems really stupid
What I usually do is set to general training to fitness on high and set match preparation to tactics with the slider slightly to the left. playing a good amount of friendlies should help as well

even your fringe players give them a little run out here in there play a few in your starting line up for a few games they can even perform well given a few games and give you selection problems

I think just give them friendlies.

In preseason I don't think fitness means anything more than training their phyisical attributes mostly. All that about injuries and stuff is a myth (I haven't done anything serious to say it for certain, but I've not experienced any difference, I already had few injury issues before I started to try the fitness in preseason, in fact I think it just increased my injuries during preseason). The one thing that seems to have helped me get them fit faster is that instead of changing the eleven on the field by halves, I do by matches. I choose alternating starting XI's and I don't do changes unless forced by injury.

The, during the season, I make sure to have a reserve team friendly one or two days after each first team match so players that I don't use enough get some playing time.

What I usually do is set to general training to fitness on high and set match preparation to tactics with the slider slightly to the left. playing a good amount of friendlies should help as well
Match fitness requires matches. That's all there is to it.

Fitness training will train attributes and the match prep training will train the tactics.

How about this ?

Find your best 11's and save their team selection as TEAM A
and find your best 11's BACK UP PLAYERS for each of position and save their team selection as TEAM B

That way, you could make a full rotation Squad on each match.
No player will complaint of the lacks of match they played,
No player will have Low Match Fitness.

How do you deal with player condition if you're in the Champions League? I'm in La Liga in the 2nd season and i think in La Liga you can only register 21-22 players but i could be wrong. But with Champions League, my players condition is never really 93%+.

What is the lowest you start a player on? I cant really rotate as my squad is not good enough for it. Starting to think i should have purchased more players and had 4-5 players just for the league only and not the Champions League.

How do you deal with player condition if you're in the Champions League? I'm in La Liga in the 2nd season and i think in La Liga you can only register 21-22 players but i could be wrong. But with Champions League, my players condition is never really 93%+.

What is the lowest you start a player on? I cant really rotate as my squad is not good enough for it. Starting to think i should have purchased more players and had 4-5 players just for the league only and not the Champions League.

It's 25 players. Make rest days after each match.

Most people set 90% as the minimum condition to start somebody.

It's 25 players. Make rest days after each match.

Most people set 90% as the minimum condition to start somebody.

Thanks for the response mate. Yeah it's auto set to rest day after a match, even considered doing 2 rest days. Yeah i do around 93%+ to start.

That's right, I forgot to mention about resting the squad after the match ,
Most of my players condition always 96%++ on the match day
Make sure you have the best Fitness Coach (at least 2) and the best physio coaches.
It really help a lot.

Last edited:
That's right, I forgot to mention about resting the squad after the match ,
Most of my players condition always 96%++ on the match day
Make sure you have the best Fitness Coach (at least 2) and the best physio coaches.
It really help a lot.

I think i do that already, might have to re check about 2nd fitness coach. Thanks for the tips.