dfcdyl

Reaction score
iv heard of the corner bug but i dont know what it is? Anyone care to tell me please?:)

iv heard of the corner bug but i dont know what it is? Anyone care to tell me please?:)
If you set your corners to Far Post your centreback will have an oddly high chance of making a goal. You can end up with centrebacks who have 20+ goals.

If you set your corners to Far Post your centreback will have an oddly high chance of making a goal. You can end up with centrebacks who have 20+ goals.

This basically. If you have a good corner taker and set someone with good heading to the far post, you'll get a ridiculous amount of goals from corners by exploiting the match engine.

alright thanks :) does it work well?

It can, yes. Never used it personally (realism ftw) however I've seen people who have had centre-halves with 20+ goals.

Yeah, it works pretty well. You're not going to score every time, but I can say this -- my center back has a 12 rating for headers, and he is the 3rd highest goal scorer for my team this season (behind my star striker and my attacking midfielder/penalty taker)

il try it out, i could do with a few extra goals :D

I had no idea about this, but I didn't set my corners to far post, but at the start of my season Matt Mills scored 6 in 7 games from corners, it's a bit unreal.

I only do it mid-match if the comp has used it against me successfully and I am losing. I am a sore loser =P

I'd heard about the corner bug but never knew what it was until now. But without knowing I was usually setting corners to far post. But to be honest I don't think it works that well. From my experience the other team seem to suss it out. So I try to mix it up a bit, but doesn't really help. Sometimes you just come up against teams that are good at defending corners. I might start off the season scoring a few goals this way, but not many, then rest of the season it becomes quite rare, and that's with a good corner taker and header of the ball. The only thing I will say is it seems to be the only way of scoring from corners, but don't expect as many as some others might suggest.