Jackkflash

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to know from vastly more experienced managers what forward role drops deepest and most often.

Im under the assumption the preffered moves will factor in too.

I am trying to use a very creative player in the middle of a front three and i am hoping him dropping deep will disturb the opposition defence whilst the other two cut in from the wings.

Thanks for listening.

The short answer would be a Defend/Support Duty striker with the lowest individual Mentality.

The long answer is that IMO, you should be considering other factors.

A Defend Duty Defensive Forward would be my guess, but they keep things very simple when in possession and it doesn't sound like you want that. So, it's between the F9 and DLF/S, then. You need to decide what you want. The F9 won't hold up the ball and will be deep early in moves but later can make the odd forward run himself. The DLF does hold up the ball and, while he does drop deep, can be tweaked to Hold Position, so that he doesn't get involved in forward runs either to remain a deeper forward for the most part.

So it depends a lot on the rest of your setup. You will need to look at typically WHEN your forward receives the ball (early or late) and where the runners are etc.

The short answer would be a Defend/Support Duty striker with the lowest individual Mentality.

The long answer is that IMO, you should be considering other factors.

A Defend Duty Defensive Forward would be my guess, but they keep things very simple when in possession and it doesn't sound like you want that. So, it's between the F9 and DLF/S, then. You need to decide what you want. The F9 won't hold up the ball and will be deep early in moves but later can make the odd forward run himself. The DLF does hold up the ball and, while he does drop deep, can be tweaked to Hold Position, so that he doesn't get involved in forward runs either to remain a deeper forward for the most part.

So it depends a lot on the rest of your setup. You will need to look at typically WHEN your forward receives the ball (early or late) and where the runners are etc.

Thanks for the quick reply.

By what you have stated I would be best to go for the the F9.

If it makes it clearer i would want to play an isco or a coutinho in the central role, having them drop deep and and supply the wide incutting fowards.

By what you have stated I would be best to go for the the F9.
If I were you, I'd look at the player instruction screen to see if it's what you want. You can compare Mentalities and Instructions there.

If I were you, I'd look at the player instruction screen to see if it's what you want. You can compare Mentalities and Instructions there.

Thanks, I will look at this.