what is the difference between deep lying playmaker and a playmaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross011

Reaction score
sorry this is a stupid post but its been bugging me whats the difference between deep lying playmaker and a playmaker. like how do i know which one i should use in my tactics and how it will help my game/tactics. ive seen some discussions where people have put like pirlo poli and xavi as deep lying playmakers but i will use them as playmakers does that make any difference? including using support or defend? please tell me

Do you mean Advanced Playmaker role? - Or where you select your Playmaker in the team option?

DLP's position is in DMC... playmaker is in AMC.. DLP connects defender & midfielder/striker.. Playmaker play ball behind striker

AP is advanced playmaker mate, this is mostly used for more attacking minded players with good dribbling skills eg: Hamsik
DLP is for a more defensive type player who looks to sit back in the pockets and dictate play.. eg: Pirlo

check the player settings in the different roles to see exactly what each role ask the players to do with regards to their instructions

so how would i know which one is the best to use? like if i come across to gosling from newcastle would i put him as playmaker or deep lying playmaker? what skills should i look at to know what role he should have? and the same with box to box players and ball winning players.

so how would i know which one is the best to use? like if i come across to gosling from newcastle would i put him as playmaker or deep lying playmaker? what skills should i look at to know what role he should have? and the same with box to box players and ball winning players.

see what your coaches say his best position is... you will know what stats are needed and used for certain roles the more you play :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...most-important-stats-per-position-thread.html

Use the "highlight role" button it will select the most relevant stats for each position...

Just experiment and play around with things Iv got Pogba Im convinced the man can play any role in MF Iv got him playing a combination of Advanced/deep playmaker and box to box player... He covers lots of ground, controls play from deep but also makes runs which drive the team forward...

mate that thread is something ive been looking for in ages!!! thanks a lot this has helped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.