[/FONT]

Heh.....with the City team I have now, 2nd season I have about $40 million/year in salary rotting in the reserves and it doesn't make any difference. Really, you can just give them all free transfers and pay them off if you want, and it doesn't even matter to your finances...there will always be more money there as far as I can tell. Once Balotelli became a problem, I just cut him.
It depends on what your ambitions are! If you want city to be the club with the biggest value and the best club in the world then you got a challenge right there :p but yeah otherwise they're the easiest

Last edited:
Shamrock Rovers, poor league you win everything but its a huge struggle in europe :s

Man City or Barcelona for obvious reasons, Barca id say, there just too good.

i find Reading in the championship really easy to manage, predicted 16th but its easy to win the league without signing anyone, need two full backs fast as harte and griffin are too old though.

Man City or Barcelona for obvious reasons, Barca id say, there just too good.

Maybe its just me, but i always have far easier time managing Real then Barca. Now, i'm not saying Barca is hard or something, because most games you will cut through spanish league like its grown up man playing vs youth teams.

But there are problems. Between Puyol, Messi and Iniesta being somewhat prone to injuries and Villa,Xavi,Abidal not being the youngest, you might occasionaly stumble upon a small clusterfuck. Real Madrid on the other hand is mostly smooth sailing. All you have to do is spend your first transfer budget right and you'll have 2 comparable players for almost every position, which should take you through the worst possible shitstorms.

see your point, both teams are really easy to manage, although playing agaist barca is harder than playing against real if you get me :p

Maybe its just me, but i always have far easier time managing Real then Barca. Now, i'm not saying Barca is hard or something, because most games you will cut through spanish league like its grown up man playing vs youth teams.

But there are problems. Between Puyol, Messi and Iniesta being somewhat prone to injuries and Villa,Xavi,Abidal not being the youngest, you might occasionally stumble upon a small clusterfuck.

Real Madrid on the other hand is mostly smooth sailing. All you have to do is spend your first transfer budget right and you'll have 2 comparable players for almost every position, which should take you through the worst possible shitstorms.

and thats why real madrid are now 13 points clear irl . hala madrid XD

barca's reliance on those players wont last long. xavi is aging, and villa too. try really need a new defender to play alongside pique. cave man is old,and i dont know if he'll last any longer. abidal is a miracle man.

if i was managing barca, i would have brought a world class CB, and a striker to replace villa.

Last edited:
Aston Villa. On my 5th season with them. I took over halfway through the season and i have been climbing the league and challenging for the title since the 3rd year in charge

The thing I think is missing from a lot of these discussions, is the fact that board expectations affect the "easiness" of a team. With any of the rich, or top teams, fall outside the top 3-4 teams for more than a few games, and you're fired.

The thing I think is missing from a lot of these discussions, is the fact that board expectations affect the "easiness" of a team. With any of the rich, or top teams, fall outside the top 3-4 teams for more than a few games, and you're fired.

I agree with this. I started a new game with Sunderland and the lowest expectation was to finish mid table, the highest was qualify for Europe. To be on the safe side I said I would finish top 10, the pressure seemed to be off and I finished comfortably top 10 in 6th, just pipping Chelsea and Tottenham who finished 7th and 8th. So for me, the easiest team to manage is Sunderland as with the squad they have it is easy to fulfill the board expectations.

Either One of the Old Firm, piece of cake, couple of seasons in you challenge in Europe