what is the most obscure club you have led on a deep champion's league run?

PinePHresh

Reaction score
as the title says. How long did it take you? How did you build your squad? What style of football did you play? etc.

I'm curious to see if one can win the competition with a team from outside the top leagues.

I've personally never gotten past the last 8, and I've been playing FM since the release of FM11. I manage mostly lower league teams, though.

I took Paredes (3rd tier, Portugal) into the champions league on fm10 but didn't make it past the group stages before jumping ship and joining Sporting Lisbon. Also got Sanremese (Serie C2, Italy) into a mid table Serie A position on fm11 but never seem to have enough time before a new version of the game is released!

I started with RGUOR Minsk from Belarus. They're actually a youth academy side, but I changed them into a normal team, added the Belarusian third division into the game and put them there. I won the Vtoroja liga (3rd div) and Pervaja liga (2nd div) and finished 3rd in my first season in the top flight in 2014. I also won the cup and got some nice moneyz from the EL qualifiers, even though I didn't make it into the group stages. In 2015 I won the title and started building an young team with all the money from Europe. I don't have the save on this computer, but if I recall correctly, I got into the Europa League final in 2022, but lost it. Next year I won it, and in 2025 I won the Champions League for the first time. Currently the save is in year 2045. I've won the league every time since my first title, won the cup probably 25 times, won the Belarusian super cup maybe 28 times, won the Europa League twice, won the Champions League seven or eight or nine times maybe and won the Club World Cup everytime I've participated in it except for the last time. #winning

The Belarusian league is jumping around 7-10 in the UEFA league rankings. The other sides have got money nicely, but they aren't doing very well in Europe. Only FC Minsk has advanced into knockout rounds. I did a similar thing with HJK in Finland earlier, and FC Inter had already won the Europa League in 2030. My youth academy, despite being one of the best in the world at the start of the game, has only produced one player with world class potential. He came only in 2043, and he's from Cameroon so the academy didn't really help me in my objective to win the UCL using only Belarusian players. The state of the economy in Belarus is a nice thing, it allows me to keep the best players in the world with a weekly wage of £30k. I just sold my Brazilian LB, the best in the world probably, for £57m to Marseille. He was on a £30k/w wage with me, his new deal is £200k/w.

I will certainly start a save with RUOR in 12 too, but I'd like to find another nice team from some league below the top 30 in the league rankings. It's certainly my favourite type of save. I am a one club man, I like to build long living dynasties and stuff.